100 Belgians, Beer Tag

https://www.ratebeer.com/tag/100-belgian/#beer-trade

Just looked at this and I’ve had 53, there are 103 beers listed (no idea why) and @JorisPPattyn, one of the co-authors has had 102 of them. @Tim Webb, the other co-author doesn’t appear on the top scorers panel.

What’s your score?

<*))))))><

4 Likes

Well, I’ve mananaged a massive 4! Can’t blame the backlog either, doubt any of those are in that :grinning:

4 Likes

68, not too shabby.

4 Likes

55, never tried to tick that list specifically though.

4 Likes

48!

3 Likes

3 Likes

75, which given that the last 10 don’t really appeal is pretty good! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

10 of my 81 Belgium ticks have made this list. Just need to try more Belgium beer generally I think!

3 Likes

27 for me, it would be higher if any were gluten free!

3 Likes

38 here a bunch are fairly attainable. Didn’t know this tag existed maybe I’ll start grabbing

3 Likes

Looks like 70 for me, but could easily add to that total as many of the less loved ones are beers that I’ve not had and shouldn’t be too much trouble to obtain.

Actually checking that list again there are at least 4-5 that I’ve definitely had but for some reason neglected to rate, so yeah I need to pick some up again and rate.

4 Likes

I tagged these beers, the book does indeed list more than 100 (&a I believe Jorys had to hunt out a few and rate once the tag added)

Edit the extras are US brewed beers supplication, curieux and cuvee de tomme

I’ve rated 48 but counting what I’d tried pre ratebeer and since I stopped rating likely around 65…still a few to seek out but unfortunately some are retired and difficult to get hold of

3 Likes

A modest 15 sampled. Then again I am amazed that the 1001 Beers to try list contained 77 that I had tasted. Maybe that will be my 2023 pattern, buy less but better.

3 Likes
  1. I’m happy with that
3 Likes

Just spent 5 days in Brugge and didn’t get a single new tick for the tag (forgot about it to be honest), so still on 53!

Anybody moved along the tag?

<*))))))><

I have 64. a few of the ones I’m missing aren’t around anymore. But there I few I should be able to find.

74 for me not sure it will change living in ‘Murica these days.

Almost four years later, still stuck at 55

BUMP.

I’ve gone backwards and only have 52 now, strange!

<*))))))><

51, so halfway through hmm, first page’s pretty filled out, the second… far less so. :smiley:

Russian River Supplication, 3 Fonteinen Schaarbeekse Kriek (!!), Cantillon Lou Pepe, New Belgium La Folie, De Cam Oude Kriek, Bush Prestige, the pre-2018 Cantillon Vigneronne, De Dolle Oerbier, Allagash Curieux, Mort Subite Oude Kriek , St-Feuillien Triple and De Dolle Arabier missing from the first page. Some of these really surprised me as I probably passed them plenty of times thinking I’d had them.

The surprises on page 2 would be Girardin Oude Lambik, St. Bernardus Wit, Taras Boulba and Westmalle Extra.

That said, it’s been a decade since I’ve been in Belgium last I guess, so yeah…

2 Likes