100th Day of the Year; 9th April

I know it’s not going too well but what have you done so far this year?

I will post another one of these on day 200 (18th July) if I remember, just to see what has changed percentage wise.

32 Days without alcohol.

68 Days has seen me rate 307 new beers, doubt the predicted yearly total will be met (1135).

Feel free to add any details of your own on here and compare in 100 days (like a time capsule).

<*))))))><

Germany invaded Denmark and Norway 9th April 1940

2 Likes

So far an interesting year…

• Rated a place in Hertfordshire (only 1 county to go in place rates)
  • Passed 9k beers a few weeks ago.
  • 371 beers so far this year but really slowing down on the numbers.
  • Two beer festivals (Derby Winter and Leicester)

Slowing down now as on lockdown.

2 Likes

'Twas doing okay until the lockdown. 153 beers and a whopping 37 places including one new county (Worcestershire). Yeah, the rest of this year is gonna suck.

Only managed 14 Place Reviews this year, but they have been in California, Belgium as well as England, so not all bad. I hope that total improves before day 200, but I doubt it.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Beers rated 226
Places rated 19
I’m guessing 32-35 days without beer

1 Like

Ratings 303
Places 0 (gave up on place ratings awhile back)
Days without alcohol 16 (~1 day a week)

2 Likes

951 beer rates/ticks up to 9th April
Places - Got a huge backlog to input but have completed all the German regions (Bunders) now. That England and Germany complete!
Plenty of days without alcohol I just don’t count them!

2 Likes

242 beers.

11 place but I haven’t been anywhere other than London.

1 Like

Up to 9th April: 263 beers.
Drinking pretty much daily, probably no more than 4 or 5 days without alcohol. Should really try for at least 1 day a week but I just love a beer in the evening.

2 Likes

Today is actually my 60th day of 2020 without alcohol which is very good indeed for me. I used to drink beer everyday for many years but I’m older now and need to try and look after myself a lot more.

2 Likes

502 beers entered/27 in backlog
Events: Attended 2 before lock down (MBCF and GBBF Winter)
Place: 10 visited 2020/11 entered from backlog
Days without alcohol have become spares since March, previous usually 5 days a week with no-alcohol or 1 tops

1 Like

Oh yeah. I did also go to the Cloudwater Friends and Family fest with a few other reprobates on ratebeer. Great festival, good venue, great beer quality as well.
Would definitely go again and recommend it to others.

2 Likes

As of 1st May 2020, 44 days beer and alcohol free and probably less rates than normal, coming in at 281 so far, I am drinking fresh batches ordered online and working my way slowly through the imperial stouts in the garage

1 Like

Had 2 non beer drinking days this week…

1 Like

Today 1st May (day 121 of the year);

40 alcohol free days
351 new beer rates

Should have been at the Eschweiler Bierborse today, the Mosel Valley tomorrow.

<*))))))><

@WingmanWillis, I was planning a road trip to Schwerin and the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern coast this year. Staying in brewpubs and going via Bremen. Obviously not now happening, so still two German regions to review in, hopefully 2021.

England sits at 37, so still missing a few. Might target them next year.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Good plan! You need to get out more!

1 Like

I think we all do at the moment (get out more).

<*))))))><

1 Like