2021 Beer52 and other subscription sites

Oh, no. I’m away and my box was delivered today and I couldn’t believe my luck with the list. The I read the posts on here. Close to cancelling once more, except the next box is Philadelphia!

Thanks for your thoughts on this one.

I am desperately trying to get my country count up from its current 102 so I was over the moon when I saw what I thought was Greenland.
If anyone knows of where to obtain rare countries please let me know. Brexit has ruined the option to import directly from the EU but that’s another story.

Also thought I was upping my brewery count by quite a lot but again not so.

I will be complaining to Beer52-what they did was not right.

3 Likes

Was not sure about the box of collaborations, have been caught by Beer52 before, so i paused the box.
By going what John received it looks a wise decision

Joe

Collabs tend to go under the brewery where the beer was produced, if known. If not known then it is treated as a commissioned beer and placed under the commissioner. I haven’t seen these yet but sounds like we know who the brewer and packagers are, so I’m guessing that the beers will be placed with those. I’ll take a look on Monday all being well.

Got a mail from Beer52 this morning. Looks like Honest Brew have gone into administration and Beer52 have bought their customer base.

1 Like

Oh wow, they actually advertised those beers as being from those countries? Damn that sucks. I thought it was common knowledge those were all brewed at The Garden, but then again my awareness of that does stem from the brewery being Croatian and us knowing what’s going on there.

Also, The Bird = The Garden Brewery.

As per my original post on these, it was advertised as a collaboration between Beer52, The Garden and 16 other breweries so I don’t think Beer52 can be blamed on this one.

I feel sorry for the staff there, hope that Beer52 can take at least some of them on or that they can get decent jobs elsewhere in the industry. I met the owner at the Good Food Show many years back when they were just starting out, and he seemed a really nice, genuine guy and very enthusiastic about what they were doing.

Their web shop did seem to sometimes have stuff from breweries I’d not seen elsewhere (particularly ones from Ireland and Spain) but I never got around to ordering from them. Hopefully Beer52 will take on their business contacts as well as their customers and be able to provide some different breweries.