2021 rage

This is the thread where you can get out all your beer rage. I’ll start…

To all brewers : Please stop buying buckets of disgusting fruit extract stuff and adding it to beers. You are making terrible beers. You suck.

10 Likes

To all brewers: Please stop using Citra hops, I am sick to death of beers that smell and taste of grapefruit and lemons.

And while your at it, stop making golden/blonde beers too; get some colour into your beers by not using crystal malts.

NEIPA’s can sod off too!

<*))))))><

5 Likes

Fuck your fruited “Sour” IPA,s !!

1 Like

can we just call triple IPA “Dextrose IPA” too?

2 Likes

Triple IPA is so 2020, Quad IPA is 2021! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I wish they would stop making regular IPAs and DIPAs that look hazy, this confuses raters. A beer released in early 2000s are not NEIPA/NEPA because it didn’t exist or was the brewers intent.

1 Like

Hard Seltzer… what a mess… and… it… works… :cry:

1 Like

Brewers, please stop using packaging (i.e. cans) that makes it almost impossible to decipher the name of the brewer, the name of the beer, the strength, and the (supposed) style.

4 Likes

Please stop making marshmallow IPAs. They are terrible. Equilibrium, looking at you.

2 Likes

Breweries, please get some proper glassware that can accommodate a proper pour. I’d say the average US pint is close to a 14oz pour. That might be something to look into when you are charging 7+ dollars for a “pint” of your Helles. I would love to see more glasses marked with the ounce level.

5 Likes

A little off topic but…
Stop with all the 90s radio alternative playlists at breweries. Really anything would be better than that. A Kenny G station is much superior to listening to the Presidents of the United States of America, Weezer, Candlebox ect.

2 Likes

I’m ready for a bottle comeback . I would prefer BPA-free beer. I think the taste is superior from a bottle. Sierra Nevada and Founders confirm this for me.

I feel like a stodgy old curmudgeon but all these watery hazy IPAs with no bitterness, milkshake IPAs, pastry stouts, they all suck ass. When i go to the store, every IPA choice is hazy now. Even the majors

5 Likes

Lactose. Just stop. Recently I had mead with lactose… why?!

7 Likes

Stop giving wacky names such as ‘chocolate and vanilla cookies and cream cheesecake’ and over the top cartoon branding to beers with a mild hint of cocoa and lactose. They sold at first. Now everyone’s over it, and exist as the joke beer present at the office.

4 Likes

I am seeing the opposite of this actually… if a brewery (Drekker looking at you) calls a beer cheesecake, there will literally be cheesecake chunks in there. So another rage thing: Stop putting cream cheese in beer!!!

5 Likes

Ya, some of these cans are like artwork. Great looking but who the hell made the damn thing?

Yes.

white fucking stouts.

5 Likes

Can you all just stop making beer, and make ciders instead

2 Likes

Every beer at a bar being a NEIPA or NEPA.

Table service.

More of a continuing rage from 2020.

4 Likes