2021 rage

Whatever happened to pale ales?
If your preferences lean away from higher strength beers your options may now seem much more limited.
For a hoppy sub 6% ale, most of what’s available are terrible 4% lo-cal brews or some sour IPA mashup.
Hell, I can hardly find a “regular” 4.5 - 4.9% session IPA.
ALL pale ales I drink now are local as none of the “bigger craft guys” seem to make them any more.
Honorable mention: I did enjoy Juicy Gossip this year.
Dishonorable mention: Mosaic Promise wont be distributed this year.

Stop putting hops in meads and ciders. We’re drinking those to get away from all the shitty hops.

3 Likes

Brewers of 2021: please stop patronizing millenials by shamelessly appealing to nostalgia; in other words, please stop trying to market peanut butter and jelly beers as something that is supposed to be the proverbial Madeleine to the lost time of the 1990s. Please stop shamelessly stealing candy flavors (and moreover their packaging). Please stop making beer based on the flavors and textures (450 North Slushy and 903 Slushy, looking at you) of our childhoods but adding more sugar. It makes beer seem kind of stupid and puerile and probably helps with type 2 diabetes.

5 Likes

Here’s to you my dude. Nitro White Stout. Apologies for the slightly dirty glassware.

2 Likes

:joy:
The only reason I keep drinking them is in anticipation of them becoming a recognized style on the website at some point, so I can get my quota or whatever

4 Likes

Tickers gonna tick :joy:

2 Likes

You son of bitch I hadn’t started doing that. I probably will now

3 Likes

Masochists!

See this is why brewers look at their numbers and start to think that “This is what the people want”

It works both ways I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Jack’s Abby (whose been making lagers forever) put out their first polotmavy this year, when it just so happened that the top rater of American made polotmavy (myself) moved to town next door.

4 Likes

I just want to see more milkshake IPAs, white stouts and slightly tart sours. Why don’t brewers make more of these??!! :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: How many polotmavies is that total for you? Like three?

1 Like

8 Czech
9 American
17 total

2 Likes

17, you animal!

<*))))))><

Wow. Where did you find 9 american polotmatvys? I only have four total, and only one american. Others all czech

I had a great one a few days ago at Noble Beast in Cleveland. Their Pils was also the best I’ve had in a long time.

1 Like

Where did you find 9 american polotmatvys?
Parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme
I have four total, and only one american
17, you animal

Where did you find 9 american polotmatvys?
Parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme
I had a great one at Noble Beast in Cleveland
Their Pils was the best in a long time.

1 Like

Are we doing poetry now?

1 Like

Creamsicle beers.

I hate Creamsicle beers as much as the next guy, but that Phase Three Double Orange Chantilly was actually quite a nice beer.

Speaking of White Stout, has anyone ever had a White Stout that tasted anything like a Stout at all?

I would love to never see a Kveik IPA again, but appreciate Kveik where it isn’t just used to rush a beer. Lakefront did a pretty solid Winter Kveik, which actually had some malt tone, and wasn’t overly estery and hairspray tasting or any of that.

Having just moved to Pennsylvania, I am also quite enraged by the ridiculous prices of beer here. $14.99 for the same beer that cost $7.99 in Wisconsin. At least we know the good people of Johnstown aren’t suffering as much anymore.

2 Likes