205 Regions and counting

Not quite done yet. I’m currently working through the last remaining breweries in Poland so that’ll be completed later this evening.

I believe Sweden, Norway, Argentina, Russia, and Brazil were all completed since I last posted.

Japan I think was nearly done but maybe still some Sake producers to do.
France possibly still in progress too.

Finland’s regions have now been fixed so this I think should be the last remaining country until the next lot are split. I did a handful of major/well known breweries just so most people should have something already.

3 Likes

I’m slowly working downwards still, on the Ks now, so I guess we’ll meet at some point.

1 Like

Well I’m literally just doing I and J now so we’re almost done!

2 Likes

K done, so it’s all yours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Correct on both accounts. I’m missing a few French still and lots of sake producers.

But everything going quicker than I initially thought so thanks all who help.

Cheers to everyone involved. I’ve started a separate thread for places splits, which is coming along more slowly despite that even non admins can help do this. I’m currently working on Italy. Damn lot of small towns there.

I’m still struggling through French Breweries, quite a lot to do including closed breweries, cideries and meaderies. It will come eventually.

2 Likes

Japan breweries and cideries are done. If you find any brewer without prefecture, let me know.

Japan sake brewers needs to be done properly, someone did some sake producers, but in a lazy way like I mentioned in admin thread (the addresses are in nonsense format at the moment). I will do sake producers properly, when I have time (it will take at least a couple of weeks).

1 Like

Italy small towns are now done. Places were extremely heavy on the north, especially Lombardy. Seems like where the beer scene is concentrated, at least in small towns. Regions like Molise and Basilicata have next to nothing.

2 Likes

A ton of work all of this, but it goes to show that like people have been saying for a decade, people would get it done. I remember one of the worries a few years back was that Belgium was unsplittable. Look where we are now…

8 Likes

This suggests that rather than declaring that there are or aren’t regional differences, disaggregating the data is how you find out about regional differences.

Que? No hablo ingles…

The other upside about the places is that while allocating regions it’s also easy to clean up duplicate town names, misspelled stuff and see duplicate place entries. Spain and Italy were pretty messy, now they look a lot more cleaned up.

1 Like

Blazed through Finland breweries over the past 2 days, haven’t touched Places though.
12 raters, all of them Finns, have the full set of 19.
The hardest region by far is Kainuu, with most of it being massive forest/lakes there’s not much there, just 1 brewery and 1 cidery to obtain your ticks from.

You now need 312 total regions to break into the overall top 50. It’ll be even more if this took into account inactive raters.

5 Likes

Some of these offenders don’t even try to do regular beers. Sometimes makes you suspicious

Wrong thread (drinking already?)

1 Like

:rofl: not quite yet, but should be apparently

It looks like some of the Japanese regions can’t be ticked unless you rate some sake?

Seems likely. Lots of regions are pretty traditional, and may not have beer

1 Like

Once complete I’d be curious if possible to get all prefectures (using sake) from America. I’m at 30 so far and I know I’ve had sake from at least one more with 70 rates or so to go. I’ll have to see if all prefectures distribute, I’ve been curious about this for ages