700,000!

We just reached 700,000 beers, with a beer from South Carolina that was added today (Ghostface Ahhsome Pale Ale).

The actual number of beers in the database is a bit smaller because of deletions and alias, but this is the one that will be remembered.

Give it another 10 months and we may get to 800,000.

5 Likes

And how many people do actually add new beers?

3 Likes

I add new beers a fair amount of the time. This isn’t untappd where all the beers are already there for you (said with humor for those not paying attention to the forums).

5 Likes

Just out of interest in stats I’d like to see a breakdown by country, i.e. how many users from the US, Germany, England, etc add beers, and how many they have added.

4 Likes

I would to see this aswell, because this would show how much effort some people put into this website and where they from.
Despite being minorily funded by AB-InBev via ZX Ventures this page is still community driven and without those few active and committed users the page wouldnt work.

2 Likes

I try to do my best whenever possible with new beers from Germany and Italy. I try to add as much new (relevant) places as possible as well.

+1

Lurking here and there seems like the Dutch community is the biggest one, followed by our beer-fellows from UK, Norwegians, Americans and then Germans (+ expats)

I add new beers when Ive had a beer that’s not on the site, I suspect many users are the same.

In all seriousness, I closely follow around 15 breweries that I frequently add beers for, at least for their canned releases, and there’s plenty more random beers I come across that need adding. In the past month I’ve added 45 beers, I think that’s about average for me, I’ve no idea how this compares to others as we unfortunately have no stats for additions… I suspect some of the so-called power users add many multiples more.

Most likely there’s a small minority of users adding a large majority of the beers.

I too would love to see a breakdown of some stats by country/users etc.

3 Likes

tenor

I do constantly. I rate every beer I try and I keep managing to land in parts of the country where I’m apparently the only RB user within several hundred miles.

Is there a way to see how many beers a specific person has added? I’m curious to know how many I have added.

You entered 161 beers.
I don’t think that the information is readily available, I compiled a list for you

3 Likes

Ill also like to see how many beers i have added.

But also a permanent top 50 beers added yearly / overall (like Top raters / raters of the year) would be interesting and much appreciated.

Cheers

:+1:

but my first impression was that fonefan hit another milestone!

:scream:

What is up with all of these GEKOLONISEERD posts?

Colonized? Back when the Netherlands was a superpower?

HAH, it was big in the spice trade and colonized whatever …

but now I think RB raters :+1:

If anybody wants to know, you should ask Joe, because with my access it’s a lot of manual search

I can easily see how many pages a user has; each page is 99 beers entered (it’s just an admin tool and the old developer must have made a small mistake with the count), the last page is empty (another bug) and the second last has <99 beers; beers that were entered and deleted obviously don’t count.
This is @fonefan:image
That’s less than 700 beers added.

A few admins, randomly:
myself: 4,000
@omhper: 5,200
@Papsoe: 7,400
@imdownthepub: 10,000
@Oakes : 11,200
@ChrisO: 14,800
@marko: 21,400
@skyview: 41,600

How do you even compile such a list? Through the API?

It’s an admin tool/page

2 Likes

Cheeeers all Rarebeerians!