A trip to Bamberg

I like your travel “diaries”. I agree on your recommendation for Zapfhahn. I discovered it during my last trip to Bamberg in June and I think it’s a very good place if you want to try different beers from Franconia.

It’s a pity you had such a bad experience at Abseit’s, expecially because (reading your ratings) you could not enjoy two top class beers like Gänstaller Kellerpils and Monchsambacher Lager.You should def give them (and Abseits) a second chance.

1 Like

Thank you @rauchbierlover for your comments about my travels, I wish more would do something similar. I have one more Germany trip this year, a lot further North than this one. I hope to post about it as well.

Yes, it is a pity about my Cafe Abseits visit, but it wasn’t a bit like everybody else’s experiences there, according to their reviews; I can only write what I found and it wasn’t good.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I feel pretty inspired by your posts that I will very likely do one as soon as I go on holiday. (my wife does not drink beers, so it will be harder to post as much as you)

1 Like

Inspired? Thanks; I look forward to seeing and reading your adventures. Pity about the wife not drinking beer.

<*))))))><

Would be good for another RB outing

Didn’t realize you could drink in weyerman!

1 Like

I was going to write a pastiche of your updates, ‘No Beer in Farnham aka If It’s Tuesday This is Egham’ detailing my two week quest to become #1 rated of Surrey beers. I only needed two ticks.

1 Like

Yes, do this! Please! Would love to see @harrisoni do one on his Trashford beer trials and tribulations too…

1 Like

You can’t unless you are on a tour. The shop has fridges, but no glasses, you have to drink outside on the tables.

<*))))))><

Nice write-up Jeremy. Always enjoy these kind of posts. Cheers.

1 Like

It looks like you really enjoyed your trip :grinning: Love all the photos! And now I know several places that I would like to visit myself. I have a friend who 3 years ago decided to buy a restaurant which was for sale in Berlin https://tranio.com/germany/berlin/retail-property/restaurant/ and now he has some really awesome beer there ))) So I travel to Berlin very often in the past years :joy:

1 Like

What is the name of your friends place in Berlin @samuro?

I might have been there, we go every two years or so to Berlin.

<*))))))><

I went on an RB trip to Bamberg, think it was almost 10 years ago now! Still my only time to Bamberg but I really want to go back. My affinity for rauchbier has only grown in the ensuing years.

5 Likes

As has the supply of Rauchbier - I think it used to be there were only 2 of the town breweries actually making it regularly. It’s still mostly Pils and stuff by volume, of course. (We were there again a couple of years back.)

1 Like