Adding a new place as a cidery

Why can we not add a cidery as a place? Rating cider is part of RateBeer, why not rate a place that offers ciders in bottles? In Norway more and more cider producers are popping up in the countryside these days. They are allowed to sell high ABV ciders from their own farm. I would like to rate cider places!

I wrote this in August 2019 under Site News, nothing has happened. How hard can it be to fix this??? Should be an easy fix? It is NOT the same adding a new cider place and have to chose between beer store/brewery/brewpub

1 Like

Someone got high expectations.
Do fully agree with you that that should be possible. That would actually be an IMPROVEMENT.
However if they are able to implemetn that without creating alot of other errors that I do doubt.
@discobot will @services manage to implement cidery as rateable place?

1 Like

Hei! Finn ut hva jeg kan gjøre, si @discobot vis hjelp.

@services

Could it be possible to finally fix that?

When we Clone a Cidery or Meadery as Place, they are cloned as a (beer) brewery. Same thing if we want to add a new place, we don’t have the option for CIDERY or MEADERY, only Brewery…

For the existing places, if you could run a script like "if brewer type is Cidery, change Place type to Cidery (or Meadery), this would be awesome

2 Likes

Didn’t realise that you could clone places anymore. Is it only Admins?

It might be admin only…but there’s a major bug in the feature right now so it’s better that it is admin only… when you clone it, most of the time, it doesn’t attribute any geolocation so the Place is in limbo…you have to edit it manually afterwards…

1 Like