Adding beer pics

When tryng to add a beer pic the system opens a mail client. So sad i don´t use it, but webmail, so i cannot upload a pic, both from desktop and mobile. This is the reason i haven´t uploaded beer pics for a while. Why cannot we upload the pics straight from this site, as we used to?

1 Like

You can… almost. Click on “Rate and Review” (top right) then “Upload image” (top left) on the rating page. Note that this only works for beers with no pictures.

2 Likes

My mobile shows the upload image on the top right.

Same here. My instructions were for the non-mobile version.

2 Likes

This thread should be pinned. Seems that people often come across this issue.

2 Likes

Even better: this issue should be fixed.

2 Likes

The fact that it’s been a known issue for months and people have raised it multiple teams leads me to believe this is one of those “low priority” issues.

Has anyone from the site leadership even acknowledged that this is a problem?

2 Likes

Well, our friends at Ratebeer have read your comments and looked into this issue.

Now, when you click to rate, there is a new interface (which does not look very good) in which…it is NO LONGER POSSIBLE to add a picture! You can only add the picture when you add a new beer. There is a function on the right upper corner of the pic, with a scroll down menu, where add/editing a pic is possible, but it is not yet active…

I found the changes to the site really annoying…less and less community driven…unlike Untappd.

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that the first time they tried to roll out the new interface (and then withdrew it hours later due to issues).

To be honest I’m not surprised.

2 Likes

The Ratebeer giveth and taketh away.

3 Likes