Advent Calenders 2022 are open!

Day 2 and 3 … have fallen behind already and drank none yet!

Damson double fruited ale … hoping sour and a straight up Galaxy IPA

3 Likes

Day 3 from Brew Cavern

2 Likes

Day 2 Advent Calendar Beers, *we’re already a day behind but we’ll have day 3s later. I have a Pomona Island - Sploice (Exotic Fruit Sour) from my Beyondbeer Beergeek Edition Advent Calendar, Loz has a Browar Stu Mostow - Beethoven Loves Bass (Pink Gose) from her Mikkeller Advent Calendar, Loz doesn’t want hers right now, so match void, probably a score draw on the coupon :grinning:

3 Likes

Rated the Sploice 2 weeks ago … in Copenhagen of all places!

1 Like

It was a nice beer.

Ok Day 3 Fins Beyondbeer Beergeek Edition Advent Calendar throws up a Verdant - Lucky Slurps, not checked up but it states IPA. Loz’s Mikkeller Advent Calendar has provided the first Imperial Stout not sure exactly what it’s called or who by (again not checked) but it’s a Vanilla-Mokka-Tonka Imperial Stout and perhaps Mikkeller/Hopalaai collaboration. Will rate later, it’s a bit early for the Impy stout but this Lucky Strike is very nice.

3 Likes

@RichTheVillan is the Tonka Beer expert. I’m sure he can chime in with some info.

4 Likes

Same one for me as well. For the third year.

1 Like

Day 4 - Mack Opus from Round Corner Brewing. So far 4 new beers and 2 new breweries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Day 4: Froth Liquid Lollipop: Chocolate, Banana & Peanut Butter Cheesecake • RateBeer

4 Likes

I was bought the Brewdog advent calendar as a surprise.
Thought I would post the first 4 days.

Cold Front
Mail Order Martian
Elvis Juice
Punk Ipa (which for some reason I have never had the 5.4% version).

Joe

2 Likes

Day 4

Fin - Beyond Beer Advent Calendar Beer Geek Edition

Northern Monk/Nerd/Three Hills - Dark and Wild City - (Vanilla, Moccachino Stout)

Loz - Mikkeller Advent Calendar

Bad Seed Pilsner - Bad Seed Neu Pilsner Kaltengehopt (Pilsner)

3 Likes

Watched thr England match from under a blanket and couldn’t face a beer so am now a fay behind.

I presume this is the correct beer - I was making a coffee when my son handed it to me. Nina Blanca from La Debauche. A Wit and another new brewery for me.

4 Likes

I love MrsSHIG. Can you send her round to me?

1 Like

I love this. I just looked it up - that’s a good price (£87.50) for what you get. In the online picture, the glass is supposed to be where your first beer is.

I ended up with two calendars (forgot I’d ordered the first one) and both are poor quality. One was £50 - LowCostBeer, and the other was £60 - Flavourly, and the beers are not that great. So I ended up paying £110 for ugly looking and awkward calendars with fairly average, indifferent beers, and in the case of LowCostBeers, out of date (of course - I hadn’t considered that’s what they’d do!)

By the looks of it Tiny Rebel gets the prize for the best calendar of 2022, as that price for that quality is going to be hard to beat.

2 Likes

Award for worse calendar of the year: LowCostBeer.

It was only £50, so seemed worth a punt. But all the beers are out of date, and would normally be from their website, well under £2 each (like BLUEBERRY MAPLE STOUT SAUGATUCK BREWING COMPANY 35.5CL 6.0% for £1.75, or DRAUGHT DOUBLE CREAM MILK STOUT CASSELS BREWING CO 8.1% for £1.65; DRAUGHT TRIPLE CREAM MILK STOUT CASSELS BREWING CO 9.0% for £1.65; HIGGS ENGLISH IPA ATOM BEERS 33CL 5.8% for £1.60 from their current list) - so £50 turns out not to be a bargain at all. Nothing special so far, and the strengths are around or under 5%. It’s an ugly looking fucker, and really hard to operate. Essentially it’s like a large cardboard beer delivery box, onto which they have placed a sleeve with part-cut holes, that are too small to extract the beers, especially the cans. If you try to put your hand in to get the beers, it becomes like one of those Chinese finger traps, but painful because you have several pieces of pointed cardboard jabbing into your skin!

Never again!

1 Like

The glass was … a double sided flip door … beer 1 left/glass right.

This years free gift was a hard moulded TR xmas tree decoration.

2 Likes

Fuck, but that’s awesome.

Day 5

Loz - Mikkeller Advent Calendar

Sudden Death / Westum Hjemmebryggeri Shitter Was Full (2022 Version) 8% (DIPA)

Fin - Beyondbeer Beergeek Edition Advent Calendar

Fuerst Wiacek Roadie 5.5 (APA)

Not sure whether I will have either tonight, try not to drink Mon - We’d, so trying to be good and actually don’t really feel to fussed about a beer this evening.

1 Like

Day 5: The Bruery Bakery: Banana Nut Muffin • RateBeer

2 Likes