America's First Black Craft Beer Fest

Check it out

seems more like a marketing ploy than anything else.

1 Like

I’m glad to see that their festival was a hit. Also good to see the collaborative efforts involved from the local brewers. Inclusion does indeed seem key to these brewers having much exposure. Now let’s see how good their beers are!

1 Like

Scrollin past that article. What little I see sounds sorta racist. They’re worried/concerned about hangin out with a group of white folks at a brewery or beer bar?? I,ve drank beers with blacks at beer fests and bars, no problem. Move on my brothas! it’s 2018! No, i would not feel uncomfortable hangin out in a black owned brewery, with black folks as long as the beers were good. Damn. Guess i,m not gettin the issue here.

2 Likes

I feel uncomfortable with all the black guys when i go a hip hop show. I mean, they aren’t even marketing it towards me. #victim

1 Like

Ok so i read the article a bit more - seems it is open to everyone, just shines a spotlight on people from other ethnicities that brew beer. I can understand that. The headline was misleading.

1 Like

I rarely go to hip hop shows but when I do I find the audiences to be diverse enough to put most at ease.
But I get your point.