Another Virtual Bar: Friday 15th Feb 2019

I am just about to crack open a can from Tiny Rebel.

I’ll let you know what it was like later.

<*))))))><

In the bar … Friday night curry just ordered and awaiting delivery.

Started off with an hours circuit post work at the Hop Locker and Waterloo Tap where as previously mentioned I bumped into the @beardedavenger and shared a few ticks.

Just cracked open a recent Verdant DIPA … long winded name … something about Limitations or Imitations !

Simcoe, Citra and Mosaic hops ensure this is a fruity little number!

<*))))))><

The wife is apparently going to be home for 21:00 due to the 7:30 train she’s getting tomorrow morning. Time for a couple of episodes of Preacher and a Unity/LHG Doozer. Scores 3.5, my standard score for a beer that I enjoy but doesn’t blow me away (although that drops down to 3.2 for bitters and golds).

1 Like

My food tonight is a frozen Pizza that I will ‘tart-up’ with some red onion, chili flakes and ‘stuff’.

New Luxembourg rate next up, 4.7% Premium Pils, called ‘FOX’.

Picture and comments to follow.

<*))))))><

My score of 2.4 has helped it to 2.29 from 20 rates; it’s not the best Premium Pilsener out there!

<*))))))><

Glad to say that Carling was the one of the 3 Cs I didn’t drink in the student union. Stuck to the Caffreys and Carlsberg.

2 Likes

Just remembered about this. I have had a pint of Wild Millionaire and currently on pint number 3 of Oakham JHB in the Firkin Alehouse Folkestone.

1 Like

The Oakham is drinking bloody well. Perfect cask condition. So soft. Such good Mount Hood hops.

1 Like

What makes this Christmas present particularly pants is that I know that it was a freebie: GK St Edmund’s Golden Beer.

1 Like

Off home now back to Ashford where i have a Cloudwater Helles on tap to rate at Made Inn Ashford micropub.

1 Like

Unfortunately mrs pink isn’t well so choice between 45 minute wait for a taxi. Or 30 minute up hill walk home. I thought the walk. Might miss the bar tonight.

My ‘drinking around the world session’ (already England, Wales and Luxembourg) is now heading to Holland. https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/t-ij-ijwit/15411/

<*))))))><

Apparently this hill peaks with a 15% plus gradient.

2 Likes

Had a bottle of Goose Island 312. Not impressed.

Reading through the reviews here, it apparently used to be good until a certain company brought the brewery. :thinking:

2 Likes

Now onto another Christmas present - Liberation E.P.A. It was a gusher, which was ironic as a clone of Jesus was just having a wank in Preacher.

1 Like

We got the brother in law over visiting and we got a nice wall of beer to start getting through :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Sorry to carry on about the issue of hills in the very flat county of Lincolnshire.

On a positive note 8 or 9 new beers me. And 4 mikkeller beers for £4.

Oh and proper old school gorillaz on the head phones.

2 Likes

One of the best Witbier I have had.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Your picture has reminded me I have a Mikkeller beer cooling for tonight; I’ll have that next.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mikkeller-hair-in-the-mailbox/589904/

<*))))))><

1 Like