Any Russian speakers here? Question about AF Brew

Can anyone tell me what “Дata poзлиba” means? Is that a canned on or best by date? When I type it into google translate it just says “Date Track”

Alternatively, does anyone know if AF Brew from Russia put canned on or best by dates on their cans?

Thanks!

1 Like

Date of bottling.

1 Like

Thanks!

I had an AF Brew beer a couple of weeks ago and noticed that date, was not many reviews on it and most were a while back so wanted to check it wasn’t “best before” as it tasted good and fresh despite it showing October. So worked out it must be canning date / a fresh batch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s exactly the one I have as well :slightly_smiling_face:.

I got kinda burned with date codes once or twice recently, so I prefer to make sure :wink:.

1 Like

In Russia beers are required by labelling law to show the bottling/production date (usually stamped on the label/bottle/can) and “consumer within XXX days after the bottling date” (usually written next to the ingredients)

1 Like

Yep. And it says consume within 360 days a few lines below the canning date.

Wow, that’s amazing, if only it worked like this everywhere.

I just got a Russian beer and was not impressed with the Jan 2020 date but this explains it. :+1:

I absolutely adore Russian labels from administrative perspective - they show everything you want and don’t want to know. :smiley: