Aspidities.😓

For those that remember Mike Long, user name Aspidities he passed away recently at age 52.FB_IMG_1517167215640

1 Like

Will raise an ale in memoriam. I think he was a significant asset to the site back when.

5 Likes

Crap, that is way too young.

3 Likes

Wow. What happened? I just ran into him a year ago and he seemed to be in good health. Or at least he had some beer with me.

1 Like

I remember him as one of the most active forum posters back in 2007-2009 time frame. RIP

2 Likes

And the guy that put the SF RBSG together in 2009. Magnums of the first batch of Our Barrel Ale, pours of the 9L of batch 1 Temptation at Russian River, several rare kegs at Marin Brewing, lots of cool bottles brought out at Toronado for us, grand tasting and special beers at Drakes, lots of cool stuff.

3 Likes

A true legend when I started here, he was against the grain before it was accepted. Also one of those that just stopped posting on RB. A loss then and now…RIP Mike!

2 Likes

Didn’t get a lot of details. He went to the emergency room for severe abdominal pain. Barri of Highwater Brewing posted on Facebook.

oh no! I remember him.
That’s 2 now, as we have lost BBB63 over the weekend as well.

FUCK!

Two great guys.

1 Like

Second RIP I write today :-/

1 Like

Joet really should start a memorial page to honor our fallen.

4 Likes

Probably not with a ranking tho.

1 Like

He had his own opinions.

Hair of the Dog Matt (100)

"3.1 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 5/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 13/20
aspidites (1271) - manteca, California, USA - MAR 3, 2009
Acetylaldehyde, treacle, vanilla, oak and fusel alcohol in the nose. Overly oaked with pencil shavings and more of the aforementioned acetylaldehyde and fusel alcohol. Great deep Mahogany color with no carbonation. "

1 Like

I remember him making me grateful for having a diminished sensitivity to butterscotch, which had in abundance. He was a sensitive taster and very unique.

2 Likes

I actually think this would be a really cool idea.

1 Like

damn, I remember SF RBSG very well. I petted his snake.

2 Likes

:frowning:
My condolences to his family and friends.
Stop it! I am getting truly fucking sick of having to repeat them words.

1 Like

Damn! Great guy… Organized an amazing bottle share for my visit at Valley Brewing in '08. Even got a picture with one of the snakes. Was hoping to meet him again some day. Such a shame.

1 Like

Terrible news. I was just wondering if he was going to return. I did enjoy his presence back in the day.

Best wishes to his family, friends, and beer crew. I will try to find a snake-themed beer in the cellar to raise in his honor tonight. I’ll find something good.

1 Like