Australian regions on ratebeer

@marko, what free beer?

<*))))))><

That said, took a gander at the active(ish) Aussie raters. Maybe three people with anything resembling numbers rating actively - having registered in 2017 or after.

Might be missing some who exclusively use the app, but who knows.

They have done a big marketing push without bothering to do almost anything with the database. We needed at least 2-3 active, quality and motivated (in whichever way) local admins who would cover the scene, fix stuff and add new stuff - but hey, understanding database quality and its draw (or an extreme lack thereof) was always ZXā€™s Achillesā€™ heel in that period. Bring people to a mess, both database-wise and site-wise (which was extreme then) - and you get what you get. Just glad not everybody left and hope some of them discover the forums at some point.

1 Like

Free good quality beers for Australians who arenā€™t members and I couldnā€™t get free Premium membership for a year because I didnā€™t ask in the correct format.

Makes me wonder why Iā€™m still on RateBeer!

<*))))))><

Certainly true that the events didnā€™t generate many regular raters. I donā€™t know whether that was the point or not.

The real goal of all this Aussie push should be to discover 2pac and get him on the site again. That alone would be your marketing

1 Like

Those ratebeer ā€œfree beerā€ events were back in early 2019, then ABInbev offloaded all their Australian brewing operations to Asahi in mid 2019, and I donā€™t think there were any more free beer events since then which probably explains why numbers never picked up.