Auto Unpinning should be turned off if possible

Pinned topics automatically become unpinned for me when i read them. This is not the way pinning should work.

We pin topics so that they stay at the top, and have visibility for us, so if we’re discussing RateBeer Best, that discussion remains highly visible for everyone. We can bookmark the topic but even then it’s too many clicks to bring up my bookmarks.

Can we turn off auto-unpin?

You should ask @joet , he might know the answer :beers:

4 Likes

Yes, or @LazyPyro since he’s acting like a know-it-all with this newfangled fancy forum stuff…

It’s a per-user setting. Go to your Preferences, click on Interface, uncheck the “Automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom.” option.

This should be unchecked by default in my opinion as I agree it’s a bit annoying. Is there no admin setting for you to change this for everyone?

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks! Taken care of! There was a universal switch for that.

1 Like

give im unloveable at the moment have some :heart:️:blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart::heartbeat::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::heart:️:sparkling_heart:[quote=“blipp, post:2, topic:644, full:true”]
You should ask @joet , he might know the answer :beers:
[/quote]

and some :green_heart::purple_heart::heart:️:heartbeat::heartpulse::heart_decoration: for [quote=“joet, post:4, topic:644, full:true”]
Wow. Thanks! Taken care of! There was a universal switch for that.
[/quote] you as well

and you get :blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart::heartbeat::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::two_hearts::gift_heart::revolving_hearts::heart_decoration::+1::ok_hand::clap: and a​:whale: or :whale2::whale2: if i can manage them for you, if you can make it to Edinburgh.

1 Like

I’m assuming craig is badgering? :two_hearts::revolving_hearts::heartbeat::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::gift_heart::heart_decoration::hearts::heart:

i wish. didn’t get love badge and now it won’t let me like, so im showing my love for lovable posts

1 Like

By the way I like the fact that I can unpin threads. A lot of them are irrelevant to me. I ain’t coming to RB best to share my malt likkas and white ciders with 100s of people.
I also don’t care what’s happening in London as I can’t afford beer down there.