Backlog on BA

Just revisited my old BeerAdvocate account and discovered I seem to have over 1,000 reviews that I didn’t transfer across. I know some will be duplicates (cask, keg, bottle), but not that many. I suspect I missed whole pages of 50 beers every so often in my initial rush to leave, finding those blocks might take some time.

I am now debating with myself to see if I can be bothered to trawl through 3053 reviews trying to find the missing data. I suppose I should, just for my own records as I do not back up anything or use my own spreadsheet for my beer records.

My 2017 ratings may well look like a boozy beery total if I can get them all across by 31st Dec. Might even break into the top 50 Raters of The Year (about 800 short currently).

<*))))))><

1 Like

How old are they. If you tried a beer 10 years ago what’s the point of adding it now. If you add an old beer today it’s not really representative of the beer as it is in the present. which IMO misses the point.

I don’t follow your logic. Yes, if the OP adds an old beer today it might not be representative of the beer as it is in the present, but if he attributes the beer as having been rated 10 years ago then it will be representative of the beer as it was 10 years ago.

If I see a beer rating on RateBeer dated 2007 or earlier I am quite capable of appreciating that it might not be representative of the beer as it is in the present.

I cannot see any real difference between the OP rating the beer on RateBeer in 2007 (acceptable?) and him adding exactly the same beer rating today attributed as a 2007 rating (less/not acceptable?).

Or, are you implying that rates 10 years old or more should no longer be on RateBeer? After all, such ratings may not be representative of the beer as it is in the present.

2 Likes

Why would it not be representative?

1 Like

If a beer is not listed and obviously not brewed anymore I shall not add it (retired without a rating type of thing). All my BA and RB reviews have the dates I drank them. So far I have only checked 100 beers and found 2 that were not transferred from BA, one of those is not listed, so I have lost that beer review for ever.

I used BA and now RB for my personal ‘Beer Data Base’, if anyone else enjoys my writing or reads my words, then thank you, but I see them as mine rather than an asset to anyone else.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Maybe you should start an OT or Beer Talk thread: Beer Reviews lost for ever

1 Like

The beer reviews ‘lost in the sands of time’ sounds like a great thread title, or ‘the ones that got away’ maybe: but I don’t think I will bother.

<*))))))><