Bavaria

My last four rates have been Bavarian beers, so I thought I would check my totals and see where I was in the ‘Bavarian Beer Stakes’.

Well, I am just a loser all round really. Even though it is my highest scoring (by volume) of all the German States. I had forgotten how large and beery Bavaria was!

Who knew there were 757 active breweries in Bavaria? I have had beers from 101 apparently.

The top raters are on 4,000 plus and I am lagging behind with just over 250 and miles from being on the top raters list. Even though Bavaria accounts for a massive 43% of my German rates.

Please add your Bavarian totals, it might make me feel better, or not.

<*))))))><

Only 130 ticks from Bavaria and I actually spent 2 weeks there. No samples were consumed though, and several pints were ordered twice. Of these 130, only 15 scored below a 3 for me, definitely a sign of how beery Bavaria is! These 130 ticks come from 59 breweries, which is pretty coherent with the 2-3 different beers per brewer average we traditionally see there.

1 Like

Only 103 for me. Feel better?

1 Like

71 beers from 34 breweries. I’ve only had 119 German brews though so approx 60% of total. Also rated one place.

1 Like

1259 beers, 299 breweries.

At least I’ve had beers from more than 50% of the breweries in Oberfranken (79 out of 155)

I’m 25th in the “top raters of Bavaria” list, still shortly behind the good old motelpogo.

(AND I HAVE BEEN LIVING HERE FOR 3 YEARS, FOR F***'S SAKE!)

1 Like

Yes, thank you!

<*))))))><

Had many trips to Northern Franconia and Bavaria over the years, not so many since the age of RateBeer though. Nine Munchen O’fests, a couple of Cannstatter Volksfest and a Nuremberg O’fest along with Bamberg and other beery locations. My car has trouble leaving Belgium when I cross the channel these days.

<*))))))><

56 beers from 26 breweries. Really need to up my game…

1 Like

Yes, Flights are mostly an American thing, in Bavaria if you try and order anything less than half a litre they stare at you!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Beers of Europe, or a trip overseas to Bavaria would help your cause.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Most people on here will find that Bavaria is their ‘top’ German rated State, they have some huge breweries that export all over the world.

<*))))))><

1 Like

274 Bavarian ratings out of a total 656 German (though of course Bavaria is not part of Germany).
The 274 comes from 101 breweries.

1 Like

102 Bavarian beers from 31 breweries. So around 60% of my Germany ticks (166). Definitely a favourite beer region.

1 Like

Bavaria also has 7 out of the 68 beers/ciders/meads to which I have given 4.5 or higher scores.

It definitely is not boring.

But the “below 3” part gets a bit worse once you go into the 1000s, for me, 852 Bavarian beers have scored above 3, that’s 67.67%.

1 Like

182 Bavaria ratings by 79 breweries, on a total of 329 Germany ratings. And as @SinH4 mentioned, a low amount of beers rated lower than 3.

1 Like

Bavaria: 240 beers Avg: 3.27 Breweries: 67

1 Like

351 beers with an average of 3.15 from 103 breweries.

But I have to say I really haven´t traveled to Bavaria just for beer so far. Never been to Bamberg even though its only 2 and a half hours by car. I am so busy with catching up on beers around me that I haven’t planned a to dive deeper in Bavarias beer culture. At the moment when I travel it is to other European countries, but a visit to Bamberg is on the list for 2018.

1 Like

550 rates from 159 breweries.

Did a lot of beer ticking in Bavaria pre RB days so all time totals probably a good bit more … probably over 1K rates.

1 Like

424 beers from 124 breweries.
As everyone else my highest rated bunderlandes of all.

Visited a few times, but still have alot to Explore.

1 Like

4448 beers from 593 breweries.

So around 45% of my german ticks. And there are so many other unrated bavarian breweries.

Bavaria is a fucking good Bundesland! :grinning: :beer:

2 Likes