Bavaria

Quick update: I have now had 600 different German beers. 261 from Bavaria, so now at 43.5% of my total German rates.

Currently planning a road trip to Berlin, stopping in Brewpubs on the way and back. Should be fun and my percentage of Bavarian beers against other German states should be lower by the time we get home again (not until late July, early August though).

<*))))))><

4370 beers from 622 breweries… Bavaria is just great! And many of my all-time favourites, which I drink regularly (Witzgall, Schönramer, Mallersdorfer…) come from there.

1 Like

A mere 272. Fortunately I’ll be in Munich and Franconia next week. Still no chance of getting into the top 50.

I will have to be satisfied with being in the top 50 raters of Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland. Dubious distinctions both.

Dubious???

Rhineland-Palatinate is the best place in the world to live in :wink:

2 Likes

I spent five years there. Too many Americans. It was a good place to fly out of though!

1 Like

Thats because you probably spent your time around the base in Ramstein? And so in Kaiserslautern, this is the Palatinate=Pfalz part, thats indeed dubious :smiley:

Mainz and Rheinhessen on the other side are lovely :slight_smile: should you come around here again, I am more than ready to show you around :wink:

1 Like

great, I’ll let you know. for now: Bavaria!

1 Like
  1. I really enjoy many beers from Bavaria.

Bavaria (Munich) on Saturday. Fingers xd.

if you want to grab a beer, send me a beermail!

348 beers from 110 breweries. Only been to Bavaria once, to Haar next to Munich, for work, so no real ticking was involved. Availability is OK in NL. Would love to go around Bavaria some day and drink some quality lagers and Weizens.
And we have Bavaria in NL https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/bavaria-brouwerij-netherlands/1012/
For the connaisseurs, this brewery also operates under the moniker H-West.

Going with a tour group - don’t have the hourly schedule yet.

Looking at maps Der Pschorr is the most likely place I can get to.

628, but I’ve never been there.

2766, or 32% of all my ratings. I guess I have lived here a while now.

1092 - but I lived in Bavaria for 3 years (but only started rating my last year there - I spent the first two years buying beer by the case just to get free glassware and other swag

Some of us can only hope for dubious distinctions. You need to drink more of the crappy Becks mix beers to join me on the Bremen list.

I will be visiting Bremen later this year and hope to get onto the top 50 by just being there overnight and drinking whatever I can find, Cola/Becks mixes however will not be anything I will touch. I am currently on 6, all from Becks; should manage to find 6 new beers while in the city.

https://www.ratebeer.com/Users/TopRatersBeerByState.asp?StateID=115&Letter=B

<*))))))><

Sorry, I was replying to Travlr’s comments about Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate (the new format doesn’t make that clear). Wish I could go back to Bremen and get something other than the Beck beers.

I think I just burst in on the conversation to be honest.

I am on the ‘Saarland List’ but not the Rhineland-Palatinate one. Too many weekends in Cochem drinking wine instead of beer is the reason.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I am about to swing through Thuringia, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt with Grumbo (for part of the way), it’s been 15 years since I’ve been in that part of Germany (pre-RateBeer). Assuming we find some local beers, this will slide Bremen to last place in my German states