Bbb63

For those who know Mike (BBB63), his sister posted on facebook this morning that he has been rushed the hospital, is currently in serious condition (I’ll refrain from posting specific details in the interest of privacy, but she said it doesn’t look good currently).
Mike has been a long time Ratebeerian though he hasn’t been active in the last year or so. He introduced me to 3 Floyds many many years ago.
Thoughts and prayers and all that.

1 Like

His sister has made the facebook post public (posting from his facebook page) so here is the link if you wish to post on it:

1 Like

I saw this too…pretty shocking, sad, and scary news. I just saw him last weekend.

Really hoping he pulls through and has a speedy recovery!!!

2 Likes

Drinking a Livery beer he shipped me right now.

1 Like

An update on Mike:
Unfortunately, there’s really not much about his condition to update. If you’ve been following along on his facebook page (Mike Maynard), you’re probably pretty much up to date. I will say this.

1. He has yet to regain consciousness.
  2. Seizures during and after his heart failure are what prevented the surgeons from cutting him open and and going to work on him right away.
  3. Since they had to wait for him to stop seizing, they induced hypothermia for 24 hours to reduce brain damage. They slowly warmed him back up on Friday.
  4. He had a 102° fever on Friday and Saturday - my assumption at the time was that the fever was caused by some form of bacterial infection and was his body’s way of slowing down the growth/reproduction of the bacteria/infection. Unfortunately, as you all know, a high fever also fries brain cells. However…
  5. His fever broke last night (Saturday night).
  6. They discovered a small blood clot in his arm. Was it the cause of his fever? I dunno.
  7. They are treating the clot with blood thinners. Knowing just enough about “most things medical” to make me dangerous, I’m interpreting this as a bad thing. He needs heart surgery at some point and surgeons tend to want patients’ systems free from blood thinners prior to cutting them open. Obviously blood thinners, low-levels of clotting factors, etc. make heart surgery (or any other type of surgery) even more risky than it already is.
  8. That’s all I have right now. Prayers and positivity. That’s all we can do.
2 Likes

Thanks for all the updates!

1 Like

My best wishes go out to him.

1 Like

Holy crap I just saw this. Hoping for the best

1 Like

One of my favorite Ratebeer guys period.

1 Like

So sad. Hoping the best for him and fam

1 Like

Latest update is that Mike is still in ICU and still unresponsive. A GoFundMe has been set up for his family. I encourage all who can to help out: