Beer Events / The Shires, etc

Saturday (4th June) is Wellington’s Mid-Summer Fayre. Loads going on with bands, Morris Dancers, Craft Market, Pop-Up Bars and Stuff, Royal Costume Parade and everyone being asked to wear period clothing when they come into town (anything from mini-skirts upwards to Tudor times.

So I will be very much involved. Just like I was for Charter Day!

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Its the famous blue robed TWAT !

2 Likes

The Newark beer Festival was great. Loads of new beers for me in a nice big marque. It reminded me of those pre Covid times.

I don’t know if anyone else went?

Next up for me is the Nottingham Craft Beer Festival in mid June. Although I do have the beer tent at the Bourne Festival this weekend.

I’ve never done the Newark Festival, I will have to catch up with it one year.
24th June I have Stratford upon Avon Beer Festival and 25th June the is Charlbury Beer Festival, both really good events that I have done many times.

BBNo Riverside Beer Fest.

Various bars have no power so my first Cult of Oak beer is from a minute Theakston’s cask which doesn’t have a proper name is being added as Mega Collab.

power issues … did this mess things up much ?

1 Like

For.the first hour or so about one quarter of the bwers weren’t pouring. Although wasn’t really ab issue as.I just went elsewhere.

The main issie for me was the people serving. Ot rather a minority of them. Certain bars had people from the breweries and they were obviously keen to interact (bar one or two). There were other bars that were run by volunteers.and some of them were obviously loving chatting to brewers and forgot they were there to serve. One brewery is going to wonder why they had so much beer left…Went up twice and the guy was just texti. Was going to knock kncok on his head but thought that may not go down well.

2 Likes

Back in Nottinghamshire, and Nottingham to be specific. Detail are out for the Nottingham Caft Beer Festival.

I might actually get to try a Emperor’s beer, all mine have been collabs and count against other breweries.

I have tickets for Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

Well crap, the East Anglia Beer and Cider Fest is going on in my town until Sunday. To make matters impossible my wife leave for London Friday so I will have kids all weekend. :frowning: Really would have liked to make one of these before I moved.

I have Stratford upon Avon, then Charlbury Beer Festivals on for next weekend, both can only be got to by train from Banbury. Bloody strikes could kibosh me.

1 Like

A handful of Rutland ticks to be had at the Rutland CAMRA festival in Oakham. 23-26 June. I’m planning to go on the Friday.

It’s a tiny festival but a good one in its own right. And the museum makes an impressively chill venue.

Don’t forget that rail strikes are on this particular weekend. Even if you’re travelling on a non-strike day the trains will be reduced, so be sure to plan in advance.

Anyway, beer list is here:

http://www.rutlandcamra.org.uk/2022-rutland-camra-beer-festival-oakham/beer-and-cider-list/

4 Likes

Notice the GBBF beer list is up now and being updated The Great British Beer Festival - Latest Updates

A quick extract of the list showing over 100 new breweries (mostly UK and quite a few US) to choose between. Got all the counties but want to get a few more in certain areas - looking forward to it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The early view of the Beer List for Peterborough is up on their site, expect changes but it shows their intentions.
https://www.ratebeer.com/p/place/87691
I have attached the new website to out PBF page.

2 Likes

Egham 28-30 July.

I can only make 30th so aiming to be there for 10:00am to maximise the likelihood of any ticks being left.

1 Like

I think I’m going to be at the Peterborough BF Wednesday and Friday.

1 Like

Looks like Thursday & Friday for me, although possible lateish on Wednesday.

Just seen a beer list for the Beckenham Beer Fest which includes Broken Drum. Would save me a trip to Bexley. The question is, will there be any left by Saturday?! So now torn between the two.

Also two London cideries which aren’t on here yet.

Looks pretty unlikely I will be able to get to Egham BF this week with all the train issues. There is an interesting Beer Festival at the Smithfield in Derby at the same time which surprisingly may be easier to get to and is the same price on the train.

1 Like

I’m planning to be at the Smithfield on Thursday - trains permitting

1 Like

I’m aiming for Friday as the trains from Banbury are not really happening on Thursday. Hopefully there for lunch-time. The beer list is excellent, 10 new breweries for me. Everything now on Ratebeer.