Beer millennia - special or not?

What to choose for rate 5k - something great or something appallingly bad? :grin: Or just go with the flow? :beers:

1 Like

ive done each in my time. But generally i just let it be what ever it turns out to be

1 Like

Thoroughly confused now. RB told me my rate just now was my 4999th, but my profile is showing 5000, where yesterday it was 4999. So no flags and cheers just yet… :confounded:

1 Like

I’ve only recently passed my first 1k but I say go for something special if you have it. I mean I didn’t plan a specific beer, just chose what I thought was the best / most interesting / highest rated beer in my stash.
A bad can of Mikkeller Black was my #1000 so it’s not exactly a memorable one for me.

3 Likes

i got to celebrate one of my milestones twice as a beer was retired as i uploaded the milestone. Sweet moment but ive no idea which one it was. though i think rating said

1 Like

I think that’s almost what just happened to me, but in reverse!

2 Likes

You are lucky then I lost 27 beers over the night !!
50778 yesterday when stopped my rating of the day, and today when i did my first rating counter went to 50752.

2 Likes

And now even one more down … 50751 and no emails again re. info about what they have merged !

1 Like

yeah last nights problems badly handled. If i lost any there gone, at least you have your paper

2 Likes

it’s not really feasible to get out all the 50k+ papers and compare them with the database. If Jan ever goes through that just to save 27 ratings which were probably merges, it will increase his backlog by another 2k or so :smiley:

2 Likes

I never cared about milestones. I´mc lose to 5k as well, and i guess i´ll probably have wathever i fancy from my cellar, wheter is amazing or i just simply want to drink it.

1 Like

true … will be a big job to look at my +50k papers to find the missing 27 beers …
Another thing i newer do understand is that when they send you email with the merged notes they supply with you a link to the beer where your rating is ending up (merged to) but how are i then to know what beer i ratet and that they now say is the same as the beer link i got by the email ??
Why not send the link to the beer I have rated and the i will get redirected to what beer it is merged to.

1 Like

Well, I made it. I saw the Mikkeller SAS special IPA on the menu on the flight back from Sweden, and thought “Well, that’s both a bit unusual, and it’s just the next beer to come along.” :grinning: :beers:

1 Like