Beer of the Month - December 2022 - Holiday Beer

Drink anything relevant to winter time holidays. Post pics and discuss here (let’s see of people get into this).

3 Likes

Pisgah Mole

Local chocolate + spices + chilies + British Biscuits = win

Always a sucker for a chili beer, but was curiously picking rando locals & grabbed up my fist Pisgah beer in years. Prickly but not too spicy, plus obviously good chocolate.

Cheers.

3 Likes

So far this season only two and ones a cider both unremarkable. Will search out more rest of month to post.

3 Likes

Blumenau / Schloss Eggenberg Blumenauer Samichlaus. Nice Samichlaus variant aged on Amburana wood.

8 Likes

Damn, I want that Sami

1 Like

Saw my first ‘Christmas Special’ of the season yesterday, cask Kris Kringle from Backyard Brewery in Walsall - I didn’t have it, bah humbug! Settled for a pint of what the brewery called a Baltic Porter (Wantsum Black Pig) instead. Often wonder if these seasonal specials are one-offs or another beer relabelled to cash in, or another beer with some cinammon added :grinning:

1 Like

“Christmas beers have been around for a while, reaching as far back as pre-Christian Scandinavia when Vikings made Jul or Yule to commemorate Norse gods and celebrate the winter solstice.”

Read more below:

2 Likes

My first Chrimbo beer of the season, at the fabulous Tiny Rebel bar in Cardiff

4 Likes

4 Likes

This thread got me thinking what classic Christmas beers have I yet to rate

1 Like

Closest I got to a holiday without representing and actual holiday. This is one of the best breweries in MD and a better adjunct stout.

3 Likes

Word. Going back here in February.

1 Like

FYI we do have a Christmas tag. Click it and see how many you’ve had. Below are top raters plus mine

2 Likes

Okay, new add from one of MDs bigger breweries.
I never was a fan of spiced holiday beer but this one is good for a one and done. Spices are mild, beer is fairly dry. Surprisingly I think some of the base brown ale comes through!

3 Likes

My fave holiday beer! Cinnamon’s a little light this year :grin:

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Port City Tidings Ale. Belgian SA with spices. Really enjoying it.

2 Likes

This thread is having me try a bunch of classics I don’t realize I missed out on. Tonight

5 Likes

Abomination Santa’s Black Blood • RateBeer

3 Likes