Beer of the Month - February 2023 - Doppelbock

Get that sweet and syrupy goodness (or hopefully find something good) and start posting.

3 Likes

Now I just need to find my first doppelbock of the month!

1 Like

Schlenkerla EicheDoppelbock on draft. Lovely.

4 Likes

My first doppelbock of the month courtesy of Tavour.

4 Likes

Nice Franconian Wheat-Doppelbock.
Fresh and nice!

4 Likes

Shared by @radagast83

4 Likes

Been unable to locate an unrated one thus far (haven’t put ton of effort yet). Did buy a Dunkler
Bock today but that’s a story for another month.

my highlights from this Winter…
Goldfinger Zlotonator was near perfect. Chicago area lager gurus.
Foxtown Doppelbock, very nice. Cool brewery north of Milwaukee, lager game is improving.
Lakefront Anniversary Doppelbock…great…their Munich Dunkel is my favorite as well.
Double Clutch Smooth Alternator - really solid. Brewery of the year. Rauchbier always on tap. Cool place.
Metropolitan Generator - excellent. Metropolitan really makes great lagers. They don’t do much flavor of the day, so they don’t get much fanfare but just supremely drinkable, delicious stuff.
Working Draft Klosterade. Best brewery in WI. Best Doppelbock.

1 Like

Agreed

Doesn’t have to be a new tick (I know, blasphemous).

2 Likes

I don’t understand :thinking:

I actually by mistake buy beers I’ve rated previous all the time as a great local beer store has no cell service or Wi-Fi so I rely on memory when shopping if I don’t preemptively go in with plan.

A Doppelbock by definition at 18,1°P, Maisels Slyrs BA Bock 2022. Nice flavours from that Bavarian Single Malt Whisky.

6 Likes

UK brewed Bock’s or doppelbocks are a rarity these days, always a bit jealous of the US when every brewery makes an effort. Think the only one I’ve had this last year was a Paulaner Weizendoppelbock which seemed a little lacking in the weizen esters I crave. Shame. Will always pick one up if I see it.

1 Like

Had Home State Make Like A Tree • RateBeer which is a Bourbon Barrel-aged Doppelbock yesterday during afternoon out with @jcwattsrugger. Very tasty, but less doppelbock like from the barrel treatment. Not bad overall from a brewery 1 years old!

2 Likes

Fuerst Wiacek Provocator

Pleasant Doppelbock from Berlin, very classic.

5 Likes

Doppeldoppelbock. Got the regular and ba versions of Ardents doppelbock.

Regular is ok, the bourbon ba is much better, helps cover up the savory graininess of the base beer.

5 Likes

Frontaal Goats and Barrels

Bourbon BA Doppelbock from the Netherlands :netherlands:

4 Likes

Bourbon BA pastry doppelbock with @mansquito. More pastry than doppelbock but very tasty

3 Likes

Love the pic. But pastry doppelbock? When will the hysteria end!

2 Likes

Outstanding.

6 Likes