Beer52

Thought I might open up this thread to some of the other subscription boxes available.

I got my UKCBF craft beer box this week. The December box was delivered from Cask and Craft, Birmingham.

6 beers, I have had one before. The Deya / Verdant collab. Looking forward to the other beers and that one again.

Next months box is from Hoptimism.

1 Like

I was intending to start a new thread for 2021 (for Beer52), as this one is a bit long now.

I will just call it ‘Beer52 and other subscription beer sites: 2021’. That should cover the subject.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I was wondering what would be in this one. The first one had 4 I’d already had (and had probably ordered from A Hoppy Place). All new ticks in this one. May get the Jan one.

1 Like

I’ve been sticking to Beer52 mostly due to the international beers and breweries that they deliver that I cannot seem to source easily elsewhere. For UK beers I tend to order myself from places like Kay Gee’s. I will be following the 2021 thread with interest to see what others are getting. Good idea to open it up.

1 Like

Just got my To Øl December box.

2 Likes

I decided to skip the Polish one and get the Saturday Cyberfest box instead - nice selection (with only a couple that weren’t new to me) at a good price, as I waited until they came with the last-minute “free delivery even on a single box” offer. :blush: It arrived with a few days to spare.

1 Like

If there’s any other CAMRA members here, you know about the 20%-off shop discount, right?

With the recent update on this site, opening Australia into districts, I have upped my January box of Melbourne beers to 12, hopefully they are really Australian sourced beers and not Beer52 made up ones. It should get Victoria moving along nicely if it all works out.

No - please elaborate

The code is CAMRA plus a 20 tagged on the end. :wink:

1 Like

Cheers for that link, it’s a one off purchase, I wonder if they will honour it from someone like me who has used their online shop a couple of times already? Only one way to find out!

<*))))))><

Interested to know as I’ve been member for 2 yrs and have bought from the store as well.

1 Like

My January box arrived today (it was dispatched on Christmas Eve !!). As expected the theme is Melbourne.

The good news is that I got exactly the beers I should have. The bad news is that one of them (on closer investigation) turned out to have actually been brewed by Siren in Berkshire ! [ And they were all cans as well ]

Not tried any of them yet, but I suspect a fair few of them will turn out to be “gimmicky concoctions”

I won’t get the Melbourne box as I’m on the alternate months plan.

My next box is titled “Support Our Brewers”, which I guess means the Feb box will be a UK one… @Martinsh, did the mag with the Melbourne box give any hints for the brewers in the Feb box?

Considering the rep Beer52 have for screwing brewers and paying as little as possible that box seems quite ironic.

1 Like

The Mag said “the Chouffe gnomes are working on the next issue” with a full page illustration …

1 Like

This Beer52 Thread is now obsolete, new 2021 edition is now running!

LINK: 2021 Beer52 and other subscription sites

<*))))))><

2012? Was Beer52 even ripping folks off back then? :slight_smile:

Whoops, edited now!

<*))))))><

I’ve used it a couple of times, and before I found it I ordered without using it (but using saved-up rating points instead)