RateBeer Forums

Beer52

Another ‘mixed box’ of ticks for me this month. All new rates and a couple of new breweries too.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Few more Croatia ticks too.

1 Like

Never got my Oct box and now my Nov is supposed to be out. I hate Hermes delivery.

November is an interesting box, Helsinki and Tallinn feature mostly.

Twelve new rates in the comfort of my own home.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I presume they’re dodgy Belgian bootlegs because the Pyynikin cans are smaller than the usual ones.

It may be because he ordered the dark beers box but my colleague who signed up seems to be getting different beers… or rather not international beers.

Just noticed that they were stocking Geary’s Pale Ale which is one of the ones on the Protz 300 list.

Don’t be such a lazy bugger - get a cheap flight and taste the stuff that we don’t want to ship overseas and want to keep for ourselves!

2 Likes

That was my assumption too, based on the overall consistent look of the bottles, cans and labels.

I’m on a 3-monthly delivery, so I got the Awards one in Oct, and am due my next in Jan.

Great customer service after my October box never arrived.

2 Likes

@beardedavenger, don’t think so, but I will check the labels when sober enough to see if they are in fact from de Proef.

<*))))))><

1 Like

My colleague who subscribes has been off work with a severe reoccurrence of gout so paused his subscription. Otherwise was going to offer to take the Finish ones I hadn’t had off his hands.

Just cracked this:

<*))))))><

It’s the small cans I’m suspicious of. I’ve had two of them before and they were in 440ml cans.

All the cans are 330ml but there is no mention of Beer 52 or de Proef on any of them.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Is Hermes delivery service the best they could do. This is their idea of leaving in a secure place.

The story on that Sori label isn’t the whole truth. Sori was initially founded by 3 Finns, two business/marketting, one biochemist. Great biochemist. I’m not sure why he left but I’m pleased to say he stayed in Estonia and that he now works at Pohjala (where has the most high-tech lab of any small brewer in the region). They’re still making great beers, as they have a couple of absolutely outstanding brewers. It looks like you’ve only got beers from their regular range, rather than any of their specials, but I hope you enjoy them. They have one of the best barrel ageing projects in the Baltics too, so those are ones to look out for in particular.

2 Likes

I had to finish with ‘The Sunday Times Wine Club’ because the delivery driver couldn’t read ‘DO NOT LEAVE IN PORCH’ and ‘LEAVE WITH A NEIGHBOUR’; which I had written on the wine boxes.

<*))))))><

Ordered the Helsinki/Tallinn box as it was P+P only. Had three of them already* but still £1 a bottle/can.

*Annoyingly that only leaves me with the one Finland tick as there’s that Scotland/Finland collab.

Decembers box arrived a bit early; all Scottish.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Think all new for me this month.

The Old Engine Oil is an old friend, but the other 11 are all new rates for me; no complaints here.

They will also put me on the cusp of Scotland’s Top 50 Raters List once I have them all.

<*))))))><

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service