Beery Events 2020

If you’re up for splitting rates I’m free on the 8th.

Isle of Man Festival 9th to 11th April 2020 featuring over 150 Real Ales, Ciders, Perries, Craft Beer and Fruit Wines.

Right now doesn’t look like i’ll be round your parts then. I may be back in Belfast in July though so anything UK related happening then as I usually stay a weekend can take quick flight anywhere reasonable.

Of course. I will dm my mobile so we can arrange a meet up. I’m with my best mate, also into his beer (but not on RB). So between 3 we should be able to cover some ground.

:+1:

One place I am going to check out soon is Ascot Brewing’s tap. Have never bothered going before as there I wasn’t interested in a couple of Golds I’d already ticked.

However they now have 20 taps! 10 of their own plus 10 guests, including Oud Beersel.

In camberley I presume ?

A mate who likes beer but not a ticker like us sent me a picture of a new taproom there recently and they had an oud Beersel on tap … he didn’t mention Ascot but guessing that must be it ?

Yes, that’ll be it. Also Duchess de Bourgogne. At the brewery itself so in an industrial estate maybe 15-20 minutes from the town centre. I was thinking of going after work but there would have been a load of ticks (7 new Ascot/Disruption Is Brewing beers alone) and I would have been driving.

Oh, I see they’ve moved. Used to work on the same road.

There is a suggestion that there will be a craft beer festival in Leicester. The first weekend of October has been mooted.

CAMRA Great British Beer Festival Winter 2020, Birmingham 4th-8th Feb.

Beer list here:

Hope to go on Friday 7th.

<*))))))><

I will be there on either the Tuesday or Wednesday, yet to make up my mind.

I’m fdoing Zythos for the first time in April, so will be looking for some tips on how to get the best out of it.

I’m planning a Thursday evening visit to LoveBeerLondon as on Friday afternoon/evening I’ll be packing for a trip. I’m happy to swap halves/quarters with anyone here who wants to!

Is this GBBFW? I should be there on the Tuesday afternoon, for the trade session. You coming in for that?

Has anyone mentioned Cask 2020 yet? It’s Feb 21st-23rd at a venue in Peckham that should be a lot less damp and dark than last year’s railway arches! Sadly I can’t go as I’ll be away: https://www.copelandpark.com/events/10038/cask-2020/

Then there’s Brew//LDN on Feb 27th-29th. It’s by the same organisers as Craft beer Rising & a similar format. I’m booked for the Friday afternoon trade session: https://www.brewldn.com/

And Tomorrow - Jan 25th there’s a charity festival at Pressure Drop in Tottenham called Help A Mate. It’s in aid of Australian bushfire relief charities. Here’s what the organisers posted on Facebook:

We’re heartbroken to see what is happening in Australia, so in the spirit of mateship we’d like to do our bit and send some support to our pals down under. Please join us at the brewery for one heck of a party and help us to raise some much needed funds!

It wouldn’t be a party if we didn’t invite some friends-
Guest Breweries:
DEYA Brewing Company
Verdant Brewing Co
North Brewing Co
Left Handed Giant Brewing Co.

These legends have donated a bunch of kegs for the event and all proceeds from the keg sales will go to the fund :grinning:

Spoons London Beer Fest – Fri 24.01.20 to Sun 02.02.20

Wetherspoon’s London Beer Festival started today. 18 London Brewers – 18 Beers.

I haven’t been able to find a link on the Wetherspoon’s website, but list is as follows:-

1 Redemption EXPA 3.6%
2 The Cronx Kotchin 3.9%
3 Sambrook’s White Frost 4.0%
4 Watneys Young Harvey 4.0%
5 The Park Isabella 4.2%
6 Truman’s Fire Starter 4.2%
7 Three Sods Session IPA 4.4%
8 By The Horns Transatlantic Cowboy 4.5%
9 Portobello Hedgerow Pale Ale 4.5%
10 Reunion Afterword 4.5%
11 Windsor & Eton Sloe Stout 4.5%
12 Signal Solo 4.6%
13 Enefeld Speculation 4.8%
14 Five Points Pale – a new version 4.8%
15 Wimbledon Phoenix London Porter 4.8%
16 Twickenham American Nut Brown 5.0%
17 Southwark SE1 ESB 5.1%
18 East London Seven Boroughs 5.5%

Will be on the lookout for #13 - sort of a Protz 300 tick, even if it’s not the Freeminer original.

Wait a minute… Windsor & Eton?

I could well do, it’s up in the air at the moment as to which day I can do. Haven’t even looked yet if I need to source tickets for the Tuesday or whether my CAMRA card gets me in.

It’s separate tickets I’m afraid. Tues entry is a fiver in advance for members and “includes exclusive access to the preview session alongside the trade from 1 pm”, which makes me wonder in what way it is “exclusive”…

Actually, the prices are rather confusing. Tues entry-only is a fiver, but a Tues “bundle” is £16 - WTF do you get extra in a bundle??

Bum! Left it too late - Thursday is sold out so I’ve had to book Friday afternoon instead. Here’s hoping the packing isn’t too drunken, plus it’s Valentines Day. :exploding_head:

Looks like it’s Wednesday then for me. I will be there first thing.