Bermondsey Saturday 13th October

It was Tom Woods.

When we were in Brum for the Cotts convention in June we actually stumbled across a new LF beer … some kind of lager in the newly opened head of steam.

Yeah, it was Tom Woods but I thought they’d gone bust again.

Tom Woods went out of business again a while back but they are now reopened again. Now called Lincolnshire Craft Brewers. The old beers have been rebranded. And a few new ones out recently.

1 Like

Hotel room booked between “Whitechapel” and “Shadwell” stations. Free cancellation until October 10th.
The only place with reviews in this area (“Whitechapel”) is White Hart but it´s near Bermondsey for a beautiful walking in London´s saturday morning :slight_smile:

What are the latest developments at Cloudwater HQ?

Aside from the recent opening of Unit 9, we are currently getting the staff and opening sorted for our London tap room at 73 Enid Street in Bermondsey. We are looking forward to joining the wonderful community in beer there, as well as other things food and drink related. We are looking to open not long after IndyMan. Hope you all like pink!

Source: Cloudwater Q&A | IMBC 18 - Indy Man Beer Con

IndyMan is the week before my arrival to London so, Can I assume “not long” = 5 days? :slight_smile:

you should definitely try to add in beer merchants taproom at hackney wick, fab place

1 Like

Go here and buy the worlds best sausage roll.

3 Likes

Added to the itinerary. Thank you!

What about this new Taproom by “Signature Brew Co.”:

https://www.signaturebrew.co.uk/pages/the-signature-brew-taproom-venue-in-haggerston-east-london

They opened it a couple of days ago and it is near “Redchurch”. Could be a good addition to the friday itinerary.

Gets a good review on this (very useful) website:

http://www.beerguideldn.com/pubs.php?IDKEY=340

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi guys. Another incentive for doing Bermondsey on October 13th:

Fourpure Birthday party!!!

Am I convincing anyone to join me for the party?? :slight_smile:
Cheers!

1 Like

Today is the first time I realized this is Oct not last week. I might be able to make it, no promises.

1 Like

The Pembury Tavern has reopened as the “Five Points” Taproom. It coul be a good addition to the Hackney Area pub crawl.

I’m confirming I will be in Bermondsey on the 13th. Working details with the other half, not sure if we will travel down Friday night or Saturday morning. Do you have a rough itinerary yet @taboada?

Cool. Not a rought itinerary yet @SHIG.
I just bought the VIP ticket for the Fourpure Anniversary, so we have 5 ticks already.

Cool, guess I’ll snag a ticket as well, or were you going to share those birthday beers. I’m down to split the cost if so.

My plan is share the birthday beers with you (and eventually any other ticking partner). We just need to go on a non-rush hour.
Cheers!

1 Like

I was in the LFB event space for Craft Beer Cares on Sunday, they’re probably still selling the left-over beers now… Both that and the taproom are definitely still open. I did hear they were brewing on-site again, but can’t verify that.

Went down Bohemia Place afterwards to St John, Experiment and then Deviant & Dandy. All are worth visiting, though I did think D&D might be a little “me too”. The address on RB for D&D is wrong, by the way - Google has the right one, Arch 184 Nursery Rd, London E9 6PB - it is literally 100m around the corner from The Experiment.

Oh, and as mentioned there’s the Pembury Tavern, now the Five Points tap - that’s barely 5 minutes walk from Bohemia Place.

I will consult with SWMBO about Bermondsey on the 13th…

1 Like

Any of this places (Experiment, D&D, St. John…) offers flights? Usually, I really like Verdant beers and I don´t want to get drunk at the begining of the pubcrawl :joy::joy: