Birmingham (AKA Cotteridge) Convention July 2nd 2022

Looking forward to seeing you again Ian.

<*))))))><

We appear to have crept up to 11 definite players, with others still trying to attend if possible.

Some interesting beers already turning up on the ā€˜Tasting Spreadsheetā€™.

<*))))))><

Gutted I canā€™t make it. Iā€™m in the Netherlands at the time. That trip was booked way back in December last year when my visit collapsed after NL went into lockdown once again :frowning:

Just a little update on the early part of the days itinerary.

Glasshouse taproom is now open again.

Annoyingly all 3 Stirchley taprooms open at the same time -1300 which allows us to only visit the one as want to be in an Uber to Digbrew for a 1400 booking for some pizza (and beers of course ā€¦ pizza entirely optional but look on jealously if you donā€™t partake !)

So the plan will be to hit Glasshouse at 1300 for half an hour

But I will mail the Birmingham Brewing Co and Attic to see if either would be willing to open at 1200 for us

How many people reckon they will come over to Stirchley and into Cotts for 1100 ? Just want to gauge realistic numbers if I am to tempt someone to open early for us

@RichTheVillan has already got us 10 places reserved at Cotts as itā€™s expected to be a busy day

Iā€™ll be aiming for Cotts at 11.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s maybe too much to push in another venue ā€¦ (bearing in mind weā€™d be asking someone to do us a favour to open an hour early).

Plus if folks want to arrive Cotts say 1130 it still allows them a good hour.

I reckon we just do Cotts (should be plenty on tap ā€¦ and we could split some bottles purchased there if need be) ā€¦ then head to Glasshouse for opening (its about a 15 mins walk ā€¦ and God we should attempt some exercise this day).

If anything Iā€™ll maybe contact Glasshouse ā€¦ tell them weā€™re beer wankers or something ā€¦ maybe see if they can open 15/20 minutes early for us?

iā€™m planning to be on 0950ish from the Peopleā€™s Republic so New St at 11. Iā€™m prob more interested in Cotts than the breweries as done them before and would prob only be 1 or 2 in each Iā€™m really bothered about (the joys of not being a joosekid!)

I hope everyone is planning to wear their best red, white and blue garb to signify the first Brexit/my last event in England.

Blazer and Flannels for me old chap.

Others may well choose something more relaxed, but I have standards to keep up.

<*))))))><

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m a definite no now, even for joining later. Shame.

ā€œBlazer and Flannels for me old chapā€

nice that youā€™re looking after your member ā€¦ what are you wearing on the rest of your body?

1 Like

Undecided as yet, something cool I expect.

<*))))))><

Typically I have to go to a meeting in Brum on 01/07 so Iā€™ll be up there the day before. Will try and go up the day before for some evening ticking.

1 Like

FYI

I have reserved a table at Dig Brew @1400

If anyone plans to meet up here as opposed to heading out to Cotts then I imagine you can join it earlier

Booked under Colin

2 Likes

Added another beer to the list yesterday. Hope to see a few more populated soon.

bad news (at least I hope this is considered bad news), I now canā€™t make it due to brewing commitments. Why is there only one weekend a week??

Ive added a beer

Train tickets booked Euston at 08.59 arriving Kings Norton 10.58 leaving New Street at 19.10

1 Like

2nd beer added

1 Like

Are you checked in for the event. I didnā€™t see your icon yesterday but could have missed it. Look forward to seeing you again. Whatā€™s it been Sept 2019?