I’ll be in Birmingham from April 1 - 6. I always enjoy hooking up with my British compatriots for a crawl. Colin and I talked about the possibility of an Oxford crawl on the 4th (?) not sure if that’s still on or not. Also, is it it worth a day trip to Rutland for the county tick? Or can I get some Rutland beers in Sheffield?
Stamford is a fairly likely place for a Rutland rate. As Bakers Dozen have what’s effectively there Tap room in the town.
I may just come up to Birmingham Steve … I’ll be due a visit by then and we’ll pick up better beers than in Oxford.
Plus a new ‘world class’ beer venue has recently opened in Birmingham that we should try out … I believe @RichTheVillan visited this weekend?
Sounds good I’m free for a Birmingham crawl on Saturday 4th
I’m going to plan on going to Rutland on Friday the 3rd. Train to Oakham, then bus to Stamford, then bus to Uppingham, and then bus back to Oakham. If I can get any bottled or canned Rutland ticks, I’ll bring them to you on Saturday…
You can take the same train to Stamford as you’d take to Oakham … it’s another 15/20 minutes down the same railway line.
Be great if you can bring any Rutland ticks back but there aren’t too many bottled and I imagine I’ve had the common ones.
A small plastic growler bottle (1L perhaps) is probably the best chance!
Sunday 5th might be possible for me, but evening only
I think There Blind Mice have the same distribution as Bakers Dozen. I got a lot of their beers in Ely at the Draymans Son and 3at3.
I haven’t cancelled my trip yet. Keeping an eye on the corona virus situation. Unless there’s an actual travel ban, I will likely keep my itinerary. And there have been no reported cases in Idaho, one of the perks of being in an isolated location.
Birmingham is a safe zone … so much dirt already there Corona can’t take hold !!!
Postponed… tthe event my wife goes to was postponed to late summer. I will provide details when I know them
Shame but no surprises … we will still be meeting up as planned on the 4th so will raise you a beer!
Let me know the new dates and I’ll see if we can fix up a meet.
I would have joined you, but I am supposed to be in County Mayo on the 4th April. Might all change though.