Birmingham, England; a day out

Norwich still a good City for pubs as you’d expect.

Didn’t go mad on Saturday night, in terms of multiple or new venues, and just did my 3 favourite pubs with a couple of hours in each.

Brewery Tap (Fat Cat) first.

32 beers and 15 ciders offered … imagine if you were new to rating and walked in with 47 ticks available!

Place was booming too.

We then walked down to the Plasterers which was busy enough but not wedged. Maybe a few less on tap than my previous pre-lockdown visit but still a dozen or more on.

Then finished at the Kings Head which had 7 cask lines on and an 8th beer came on new at about 2300!

And half an hour or so on the bar billiards table to round off the night!

4 Likes

If the pubs are pretty quiet I don’t mind a spin round several places so long as they’re relatively near each other but a couple of hours in your 3 favourite pubs seems like a good way to spend the evening. Very impressive that Fat Cat has such a range of beer and cider, indeed for those new to rating it must be like being a kid in a sweetshop! Over 50 beers across your 3 venues is excellent and bar billiards always a bonus. I have some friends out Essex way so may have to work a Norwich trip into it when next visiting them.

1 Like