Birmingham pub crawl on Saturday 12th FEB

So many new places in Nottingham since I last visited…

It’s a great bar if you like wine, about a hundred on self serve. There was half a dozen self serve beers, but they were just listed as Kernel Pale, Partizan IPA etc so not really worth it for the beer.

There is another new self service bar opened at the Custard Factory in Digbeth, called Chance & Counters, friends went yesterday, so more details to come, but they picked up a new Deya and a Verdant in there. They only went in because neither Roberto’s nor Auto Brew were open. It’s called Chance and Counters because it is also a Board Game Cafe.

1 Like

More to the point … you gonna come out and meet us for a few jars in Brum?

Board games … sounds more like a teenage cafe !
Might stick our heads in as plan to be in Digbeth at lunchtime for Halton and Digbrew.

Board games in a boozer :man_facepalming:t2:

Don’t see a problem - in the right pub they’re great. It’s up to you whether you play them or not, after all. Seem to remember they have them in Brewdog Camden?

Gained a decent audience when playing a tight game of giant chess outside a pub in Lulworth Cove one evening. They brought us drinks and lots of suggestions, and by the end they’d separated into two groups of fans noisily support definitely one or the other of the players - definitely one of my more surreal pub experiences!

1 Like

you guys have obviously never come across this place then. Over a 1,000 games to try and craft beers to drink while you are playing them.
https://www.ratebeer.com/p/thirsty-meeples-oxford/46305/

Was primed to come and then the house got struck down with covid again. Had to move the kids birthday plans to this weekend, unfortunately!

damn shame Sir

1 Like

I’m missing this one, heading to Scotland instead

Is it happening?

<*))))))><

Yes it is happening and happened! I unfortunately had to come home early because I fly out tomorrow for Alabama, but it was going strong. @Theydon_Bois or @mR_fr0g should post some photos.

3 Likes

5 new venues for me in Brum

Highlight most definitely Digbrew taproom

11 of their own on tap plus a decent bottle fridge from which we plucked 4 different wax sealed imperial stouts … all hovering around 4 scores for us on RB … pizza was to die for

Halton and turner tap also decent … 11 of their own plus 5 guest

Biggest let down was Sommar brew tap … new brewer for me

Tap room was a bit bright and day glow … more a gin palace / wine bar feel

Beer was very average … fruit smoothie slushy offerings

All low 3’s at best

Definitely someone tapping in to craft beer for the money not the love …fine by me but not one to bother with again … well being a ticker i obviously will but lets say low priority

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve had 2 of their beers and they were pretty average.

I hope you all had a good time!

1 Like

That pizza does look mint. Sorry I couldn’t come. Family issues took priority.

1 Like