BotM - April'23 - Pastry Stout

Let’s all celebrate this month with some pastry stouts. dust of that bottle you’ve been saving “for the right time.”

1 Like

I was kind of away from beer most of March, and didn’t check the forums hardly at all during the entire month. I have a pastry or two sitting around, so this is perfect!

I refuse to call them pastry stouts. They are dessert stouts.

1 Like

Very true. Many of them don’t resemble any kind of pastry but are loaed with random adjuncts, still the brewers call them pastry stout for no reason.

I enjoy (imperial) pastry stouts. Some sloppy ones being made though, much like hazy IPAs. And also similar to the haze craze, it’s hard to find a “regular” imperial stout anymore, which is disappointing because I sometimes enjoy the flavor of beer in my beer.

3 Likes

Readily available at a fair price. Old school!

3 Likes

No.

2 Likes

Intense maple syrup and warm pancake nose. Roasted malts, chocolate and sweet. Very nice!

1 Like

I was at store today with intention to buy one to play along but after reading all the descriptions I couldn’t bring myself to purchase. Maybe next week I’ll muster the courage.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I played yesterday and had this: https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/amity-cinnabun-bessy/1078580/

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Brand new one from Ruse. Constantly impressed with these guys.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I like to add my own mango sludge, fat frog ice creams, and nestle quik powder to my old Rasputin to give it a more modern feel.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Sounds amazing! :rofl::rofl:

Sadly not regularly available here since Umpire Billy Bowden stood down from the International Panel.

1 Like

The problem with this stupid style (and other stupid styles) is every now and then you strike one that’s really good.

2 Likes

Went to 3 brewpubs last night, skipped the pastry stouts :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Alcohol-Free pastry stout. And not half bad, actually. Less pastry than expected, reminded me of a low ABV English milk stout.

4 Likes