BotM Feb’24: 10%+

Behemouth/ Chur Monk like Mary. 12% ABV. A good sipper. Not hot with whisky but lots of whisky, so much so that you can’t really discern the Belgian intent any more. I did get an email yesterday from a retailer that spoke enthusiastically of newly arrived beer from an American brewer – “you KNOW they get the wettest bourbon barrels imaginable!” as though that were not a Mark of Shame, so I’m not in the loop at all here.

5 Likes

2007 Lost Abbey Angels Share 11.5%ABV, Janis Joplin and Big Brother & The Holding Company Cheap Thrills

5 Likes

10.5% quad from Texas. Are these still open fermented.

5 Likes

Don’t know what makes a certain sort of strong Belgian blond good or what makes it a tripel or not. But this one’s still pretty great. Just bang on the 10%.

5 Likes

Whiskey Rodeo at Jester King. 12%

7 Likes

12% Martin House The Descent

5 Likes

Voodoo Tenacious Wee - Four Roses OBSV 11.7%

7 Likes

2006 Avery Mephistopheles Batch 2 16% ABV

5 Likes

This thread inspired me to open this mead I’ve had sitting around for awhile.

8 Likes

I guess this brewery is retired now (the main bloke was a heart surgeon, so I guess it was always a hobby), although there’s still some of this one about.The non BA version of this was IMHO, the best Imperial Stout regularly made here. The last one I had there was a bit of soy sauce creeping in but this one is fine. Maybe I should get more.

7 Likes

Kees / Moersleutel Smeerkees: 14.9% Peanut Chocolate Stout :chocolate_bar: :peanuts::yum:

6 Likes

Only 2 more days until I can catch up on the 8&9% brews in my queue :grinning:

13% ABV 2022 Old Irving Barrel Aged Mechaphant

7 Likes

2008 Deschutes The Abyss, Jefferson Airplane Feed Your Head Live '67-'69 11% ABV

5 Likes

I love jefferson airplane

2 Likes

I love self serve beer bars. You get sooo many ticks for like $7. Unless you forget your charge card in the slot and buy free beers for some random douche like me when we visited that crap one north of BMore that time @beastiefan2k :rofl:

3 Likes

There is one near my house, but the beers they have on draught are subpar, and there are generally relatively few ticks.

1 Like

Blueberry coffee BB stout, barely 10% & curiously good.

3 Likes

Timber Ales Vanilla Maris 12%er!

4 Likes

9% Barleywine that’s 10%+ in spirit. Thanks to Secret Santa.

4 Likes

Glutton for punishment. The bourbon version of a beer I had earlier. Draft at Heavy Seas. @sloth :wink:

I don’t actually recommend this. Tastes like apple brandy.

5 Likes