BotM March’24: Ir-ish Beer

Whether it is a dry stout, Irish red, something made to celebrate St. Patty’s Day, or an actual beer from Ireland, get into the spirit this month. Feel free to post as much Guinness as you can handle this month :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Does any Irish craft beer actually get imported to the US?

Say Galway Bay as probably the largest craft brewer or perhaps White Hag who do contract brewing and have a decent sized set up.

I don’t think so.

I just went to my local store which has a really good for selection. Aside from Guinness and related labels they had nothing from Ireland.

The States are generally reducing imports on the selves, from my view.

Does Scottish count?

Not sure if this brewery is “craft” but we get like 4-5 of them

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/dublin-city-brewing-co/43909/

Good you get something but yeah … they are kind of craft but more a business venture if you know what I mean … contract brew etc. You tend to see them in hotels and good restaurants and not in the true craft beer bars, possibly supermarkets also.

They have some money behind them as this article highlights. Visitor centre ! Guinness level.

Dublin City Brewing close to completing large brew house build and visitor centre | Independent.ie

The one beer I had from them (The Helles in a seafood restaurant) I really enjoyed.

First one, bought in Ireland, brewed in Kildare :ireland:

4 Likes

What’s that glass?

Not Irish :smile: VfB Stuttgart

The only Irish tick I could see, but I was looking to try it anyway:

There’s always a faint feeling with normal Draught Guinness that it’s a façade with nothing behind it. This feels like one of those arts festivals where things are projected onto a façade. But it’s pleasant and refreshing. And more obviously dark red than the normal stuff.

6 Likes

This is the Irish tick we have all been waiting for! I too would want to dry it, but I always have a hard time pulling the trigger on nonalcoholic barley water.

4 Likes

I actually thought it was quite good, probably best NA brew I’ve had. May try another during St Pattys day work hours

4 Likes

We got a great Irish Craft Beer Bar here in Copenhagen, always lots of new White Hag/Whiplash ticks on tap and meant to be going there next weekend The Shamrock Inn - Irish Craft Beer Bar - København, Region Hovedstaden - Beer Menu on Untappd

The new White Hag Serpent on tap 13 looks interesting - I am just worried it will all be gone by then :smiley:

5 Likes

Irish Red Ale from Ireland, 2 points Jow

5 Likes

Agreed that the Guinness NA is worth it (for an NA).

2 Likes

Does this count?? :rofl:

6 Likes

Unfortunately yes.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

A fretless flying V?

2 Likes

Well, he’s a leprechaun soooooo. :rofl:

2 Likes