Brewdog - Share your opinions

Yes, their imperial stouts seem to keep quite well.

I didn’t bother rating any of their hoppy offerings because it wouldn’t have been fair, they were in such bad shape.

I found this one with also some screenshot taken from emails

One of the reasons I sometimes go to BD bars is because they also support local brewers. Typically half the taps will be guest beers, many of them local. For example, when they were planning their entry to Berlin, James made a point of asking for recommendations of good & interesting new-wave German micros.

I like BrewDog beer. Not all of it but most of it. I still think that their core range when drunk fresh is quite good, and they have some amazing big beers (Abstrakts, Paradox, Tokyo*)

I dislike their marketing but so does everyone. Quite a few of their business practices seem less than ideal, which puts me off a bit.

BrewDog bars. Like others have said, the bars do vary in quality, also some are less ‘necessary’ than others. I live in Leicester where we have a reasonable but not amazing craft beer scene, so I often visit the local BD bar. I never visit BD in Nottingham as there are about 10-20 bars selling amazing craft beer, hiwever in MK centre there’s not anything else so I go there a lot.

The best BrewDog pubs (I’m looking at you, Shepherd Bush) will always be destinations.

Hating on BrewDog seems a good way to boost one’s craft credentials these days I think.

2 Likes