BREWER PAGE Feedback / bugs Update

And the change i do suppose will be from almost invisible to complet invisible.

I am old enough to stop believing in santa and the believe I have for the developers in RB is not any stronger than my believe in santa. And if they manage to fix it they for sure damage at least 3 other things.

Cheers @gunnar I am sure we find time for a beer together one of the days. And at least that beer will be visible in the glass at least for some minutes before we do our magic on it and make it invisible in the glass.

Today’s fix (2019-11-06) has fixed A LOT of bugs (see the list BREWER PAGE Feedback / bugs Update) and makes the brewer page finally workable again.
I would suggest to make the colour contrast way brighter/evident rated beers though.

@aww @services

4 Likes

There seem to have a bug with the A-Z listing when it features numbers. I don’t know what causes it is exactly.

@aww @services

Or could it be caused by a special character?

Here’s another example where there’s like a second A-Z list after the first one…

In this case, it seems to be a bug (again) with the ’ apostrophe special character… Some are found at the beginning of the A-Z list, some at the end depending of the type of language the keyboard has by default…did you change the apostrophe website default character recently?

1 Like

The recent update to the brewery page has made it much better than it was, though the lack of a column to sort my own ratings by and clearly distinguish them (in the way that the average column shows for example on desktop) is still a significant step back in my user experience. At least they can be sorted into ‘my rating’ order now, though that only works high to low, and if selected again whilst the arrow changes from pointing down to pointing up, the order does not change (though of the two, at least it gives me the option I’m most likely going to want to see ie the high).

And whilst on the topic of highs and lows, a minor irritant for me is that for the columns that do exist, to list by highest score, highest average or most rated beer you have to click the relevant heading twice. The first click brings up lowest score to the top of the list (or those with no score), lowest averaging (or those with no average), or least rated (or more often the aliased beers). Whilst in the big scheme of things, to double click isn’t the end of the world (there’s enough other things and people out there threatening that, but that’s a different story) but as RateBeer helps me forget about all that bad stuff going on, I’d really like it to be changed as I don’t get the design logic which gives me on first click the lows and blanks rather than the highs.

1 Like

@aww @services

Could you sort the the NAME using this order?

A-Z first
0-9 after
special characters at the end.

This way, collaborations (BREWERNAME1 / BREWERNAME2) would end up in the end most of the time

1 Like

Seems not fixed ?

Thats the way they fix it. Less to read. Much easier that way. :innocent::grin:

I’m getting no beer listing at all using Edge…

Unable to add the state of this brewer: https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/goto/39234/

It should be Arkansas. I’m sure there are many others like this.

We seem to have gone back to hiding some of the columns of information, presumably the better to display the names of the beers. You can now sort by (for example) ABV or style score but you can’t see it.

This is bad.

The Feedback and Bug list have been updated following the recent changes.

@aww @services

@hawthorne00 this has been fixed in an upcoming release. The ABV will be visible appended to the beer style on smaller screen widths rather than as a separate column. Stay tuned.

Services.

1 Like

@services I hope you’ll still be able to sort by abv if it’s not in a separate column?

The Beer names should always force to fit on a single/first (instead of multiple lines, which make the entry bigger), make the other columns entries switch to a second line if the beer name takes too much space.

The Name column should have a fixed width and go over other columns if needed. This way. the beer would have max 2 lines instead of going 3-4 lines juste because of the name + style under it

@aww @services

This looks ridiculous

Hi,
I don’t know if it was reported before:
Brewery pages take “a lot” of memory when loaded in (my) Firefox 74.0.
“A lot” here means all available, so I must restart Firefox and stop loading the tab with brewery page. Sometimes I can load the brewery page, but then it acts weird when sorting/filtering…
Used memory (max 4 GB):
RB brewery

I’m also using Firefox 74 and did not experience that. Resource use is high, but that’s the modern internet. I am running Privacy Badger, so possibly tracking thingies are part of your issue mithe?

I note that the brewery page now uses raw scores, so if you sort by score the highest ranked beer is the one that one person gave a really high score to and nobody else rated. The determination to render the site’s data useless to its users is just staggering.

1 Like

I tried Privacy Badget and it didn’t help.
I know, modern web… But… Do we need 2 GB memory for simple table with some text and numbers?

Raw score at brewery page suck. Useles to find out good beers…

2 Likes

Noticed the same since recently on my laptop, something’s just wrong with that.

Just raised a new bug for the new brewery page.

https://community.ratebeer.com/t/all-brewery-websites-pointing-to-hill-farmstead/15600