Breweries on Cruise Ships!

How many ships have these? Anyone know?

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

I would suggest adding under the ships home port.

1 Like

Or we could just float the idea?

<*))))))><

1 Like

It might sink or swim!!

Not at a ship, but you need boat transport to Barentsburg. Or, snowmobile during wintertime. We have registrated this brewery under Norway, but it is Russianā€¦
https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/red-bear-brewery-fka-barentsburg-brewery/22354/

Why should it be Russian? It is on Svalbard and the archipelago is Norwegian.

From Wikipedia:
Under the terms of the unique Svalbard Treaty of 1920, citizens of signatory countries have equal rights to exploit natural resources, and as a result Russia, along with Norway, maintains mining operations on Svalbard. However, as Svalbard is under Norwegian sovereignty, the Russian government is represented in Barentsburg by a consulate.This is the northernmost diplomatic mission of any kind in the world. Consequently, the town has a Norwegian postcode, 9178. Similarly, it uses Norwegian telephone numbering

Yes, Svalbard is Norwegian but the Russians are allowed to run their mining operations. Russian brewery on Norwegian land! A place I must visit sometime :grinning:

By ratebeer standards this cruise ship definitely needs to be its own country.

2 Likes

Why not brewing on board an aircraft? I would love to order a flight :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Not necessarily - because cruise lines move the ships from time to time - UNLESS all a lines ships have the same home port - hereā€™s the example from Carnival:

Year-round home ports: Baltimore; Charleston, S.C.; Fort Lauderdale; Galveston, Texas; Jacksonville; Long Beach; Miami; Mobile, Ala.; New Orleans; New York; Port Canaveral, Fla.; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tampa; Sydney

Seasonal home ports: Ensenada, Mexico; Honolulu; Seattle; Vancouver, B.C.; Barcelona

Their headquarters is in Miami, FL. So for Carnival that would likely be appropriate.

Maybe we need a new country then. ā€œSailing on the seven seasā€?

1 Like

Now, should Cunard be added as a Commissioner. Normally against adding every random company that commissions a beer as a brewery. If they were still registered as a company in Southampton another Hampshire brewery tick would be temptingā€¦ but having said that theyā€™d be Bermuda ticks nowšŸ˜

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cunard-black/839781/

Of course, due to the current pandemic, they are now being sold direct by Dark Revolution who brew em.

Well, we have this rateable place: https://www.ratebeer.com/p/easyjet-on-board-luton-airport/70030/

So I donā€™t see why we couldnā€™t have an ā€˜International Waters / Airspaceā€™ country :slight_smile:

Why not just delete a place entry like this?

1 Like

Or put it down as wherever EasyJet headquarters is?

I havenā€™t got a place rate for Bedfordshire @jjsint , but I have flown with EasyJet from Luton! Tempted, but not quite that sad for a new regional review stat.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Unbelievable! Itā€™s gone now.

4 Likes

Something that must be remedied post-COVID!

1 Like

Yes, I have a strange core through England that shows I havenā€™t reviewed any places on here from Leicestershire (through Northants, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire) down to East Sussex with only London having reviews. I noticed it last year, but been unable to rectify the problem for some reason!

<*))))))><

1 Like