Brewers, stop brewing!. We already have the best beer for 2018!

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/petrolaco-nomada-sabadell-40barcelona41/605736/

So, 6 ratings, all of them 5.0.
We have the best beer for 2018, at least the best spanish beer, that´s for sure.

All of the users had it together, probably in a place owned by the brewery. They are part of a bunch of people who promoted this brewery for the last years, winning several awards at RateBeer Best.
We have been scammed for the last two years, and seems that this years is gonna make no difference. There´s little we can do but yelling at the forums every time the awards are released. Last year spanish best beer was one of this brewery, with 13 ratings. 12 of them from this group of people, of course amazing scores, and the other rating, the only one i trust cause i know the guy, was only average.

8 Likes

Well I guess you have to visit Barcelona and rate this beer then.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess Nomada is infamous for messing with rates. I’ve written about it on couple of occasions, last time here

Tried just two beers from them and they were really good so not sure why do they need additional boost. Also they mess with ratings of their place Olut, but I guess that kind of thing is common in Spain.

4 Likes

ISO! I wanna know what the fuzz is about.

3 Likes

It’s a peach beer?

3 Likes

This Nomada’s worth hunting out:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/nomada-mole-negro/330475/
Solid 7/5.

3 Likes

Does someone want to tell 2 of the reviewers that “cheese” usually implies “godawful brewing flaw”.

2 Likes

Blue cheese even. Nice one.

3 Likes

I sense no level of enthusiasm in these reviews. I wish I could care so little about a 100% flawless mindblowing instant classic beer. It’s almost like this group was held at gunpoint and demanded to write up some words very fast. Or more likely, I guess they were promised some free drinks in return of them writing these bullshit reviews. I think such deceitful reviews should not be tolerated here. The right thing here to do would be banning all these users. But it’s never going to happen because the amount of unique clicks and “users” and “ticks” seems to matter much more to the site owners now than honest reviews.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Use of swearing or blasphemy is vital in all 5.0 reviews. And all 0.5 reviews too.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t take a lot for us all to set up second accounts and rate this beer 0.5 and give it shit reviews.

1 Like

If any of the reviews had mentioned a bottle, I’d have definitely hailed an ISO. The Tallinn beer-buying posse are pros at this kind of thing.

Otherwise, it should be retired and made inelligible for any gongs soon enough.

I know there’s another one of their retarded chilli beers in one of the bars I’ll be visiting in Helsinki next week, I shall vent my displeasure at the bullshittery with my word choices therefor.

2 Likes

Another review, but only 4.6 this time… damn

Also, this beer seems to have been entered wrong in the haste to boost it so high. Should probably be called Nómada Petrolaco

2 Likes

They are coming this week to Madrid. Let´s see if I can catch up a taste of “Petrolaco” or they reserve that beer for Olut (Sabadell). Hopefully I could taste the next Best Spanish Beer!! :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:.

1 Like

Prettyloco?

What’s pretty loco is the idea that these are sorted "most recent’ first:

miki74 5 days ago
Rosaura 5 days ago
Dorita 8 days ago
patita 8 days ago
JLlunell 8 days ago
silencifobic 8 days ago
xmunozsbd 2 days ago

math is hard, in particular for computers, let’s go shopping.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if RB math goes like this:

5x24 = 120
8x24 = 192
2x24 = 48
1<4 so of course 5 days are ahead of 2 days :slight_smile: simple math really.

1 Like

Another weird thing about this group is if you look at their profiles they’re all rating exactly the same beers most of the time. Perhaps they’re all real people that regularly drink together in that place but I would not be surprised if it’s just one guy with multiple accounts.

And yes what is up with the formatting of the name, and why is the location included?

Also are Ratebeer awards and such really that big of a deal in Spain that they feel the need to do this? Does it really bring in more people?

2 Likes

For some people yes, it does matter. I guess in big cities with lots of tourists a good position in the places list could be and advantage. And yes, we know how this works in Spain. People opening fake accounts just to promote their beers/places.

For me, I personally wouldn’t visit this place because one look at the users drinking there would lead me to think they are a bunch of tossers.

2 Likes