Brewery page

when did the brewery page change?

Just looked and it doesnt show which ive had and which i havent.
Thats Insane. Dont get it, i see theres filters but thats such a faff.

To say nothing of seeing what i scored for them all.

Oh i see my score at last. Its totally hidden away in small. but how do i sort on it?

7 Likes

Love the fact that images of beers now show on the brewery page. The rest of the changes took me about 5 minutes to get used to. A great improvement!

The main thing ive always done is check bottles in a shop against what ive had. Harder to see now. Or to sort into my score, to see what my range was and roughly how it was spread. Impossible to do now.

7 Likes

Just when you thought Ratebeer couldn’t get any worse…

14 Likes

@cgarvieuk There’s a very small yellow line on the left side (desktop view) or a small yellow triangle on right corner (mobile view) to “clearly” see what you rated or not, since the rated line is the smallest of them all.

No user score sorting options for the moment.

Why should they display somthing people want to see?

2 Likes

yeah i eventually spotted it after 10 or so minute playing with it. But its much slower to see at a glance what ive had, and the lack of sorting is sad

4 Likes

How about a filter to bring back alphabetic order? Without it we may get more duplications.

2 Likes

You and filter by name. i.e alphabetical order.

Agreed.

Which genius came with this new brewery page. This new one is horrible with useless filters. The old was much better and simple. Sometimes an subtle change can be good, this is rubbish

14 Likes

It looks awful. Please change it back.

9 Likes

Please Jesus default the beers to alphabetical order. This change is incredibly cumbersome…

12 Likes

I don’t mind the new pages. There are actually some elements I prefer to the old ones. I don’t mind the filtering, etc, it took me a few minutes to figure out.

The two things I’d change straight away are:

1. As mentioned above, default to beers appearing in alphabetical order.

2. Get rid if the ‘see more’ option. Surely it’s a basic that when designing a web site you want users to have to do as few clicks as possible. The current set up means that pretty much 100% of users must need to click ‘see more’ (or whatever it says) by default before they can do anything else when viewing the beers, and that’s before filtering, adding new beers, etc. It’s an annoyance. Seems to be there purely for aesthetic purposes?

5 Likes

Choose filter using “Hide beers I have already rated” and guess what, it still shows beers i have already rated.

Edit# Weird - now it seems to work. Preferred the old format with ticks down the side.

1 Like

Is there a button to see the old format?

4 Likes
  1. Hope it happens. The fact that it STILL hasn’t been changed despite some updates since the release a few days ago means that there’s something either holding them back. I hope it’s not obstinacy or a corporate decision, but I see no other reason.
  2. Not gonna happen. They will hide info, force the users to squint and search for relevant info rather than give up their precious ginormous blank spaces.
4 Likes

Do not expect improvement. Even smallest fix they manage to screw up 10 times.

4 Likes

I UPDATED IT WITH THE OLD BREWER PAGE URL

2 Likes

Not impressed with the changes.

6 Likes