Brewver?

I’m one of the rare persons who switched to Brewver and stopped rating on here. In my case I got mad like other about the constant ignorance of RB owner/programmer about what the community wanted. There are many examples in which the community discussed topics and even got asked about feedback only to ignore that completely - the (not so new anymore) app e.g. which took a long time to get the features people wanted or the constantly changing styles. It was a little, almost unimportant thing that caused me to switch: I addressed a bug that it’s not possible to search for GTINs anymore which was possible before (on the website, app worked). Two years after the feedback and several “when will this be fixed” questions later that topic was still ignored. It’s not (only) that it wasn’t fixed (still not working), it’s more that I felt ignored and not taken seriously.

It’s always hard to try something new, navigation is different and some functions are too but the main problem is to get all the old ratings over there. But as UT and RB export files can be uploaded there with two clicks it’s more than easy. That’s also a reason why a lot of people are using Brewver as well as UT/RB - it’s just so easy to import the ratings, even with time stamp and so on. That’s why the database of Brewver isn’t as bad as you would think regarding that the website is not even one and a half years old.

There are still important things missing there, small things like GTIN search (to refer to the reason I left :wink: ) and more important things like a forum or an app. An app is currently in development and I hope it will be released soon as I see this as a must have. On the other hand I’m happy to wait if a well tested app is the result - nobody wants another RB alpha app. It’s a mix between UT and RB regarding entries. Sake is not rateable but Shandy/Radler even if it’s n/a as well as (unfermented) malt beers. Batches and vintages are attached to the “main beer” and rateable but only count as a single rating in statistics. A thing it seems I have to live with is the decision to not seperate some regions like Transnistria or Nagorno-Karabakh.
Other things are already way better than on RB, talking e.g. about the numerous statistics or the breakdown to regions on currently 37 countries (In case I counted correctly). And, important for me: You get an honest reply to feedback/bugs.

I noticed that there are several RB users which are dissatisfied with current RB but most of them are still waiting for a final reason to leave.

10 Likes