BUG invisible places

Right now, we got a problem for places when:

1. A Place has no attributed region (not attributed yet or because of a bug a place creation)

2. A Place has the wrong region entered and there are other existing Places from the same city.

3. Only 1 City of the same name is displayed in the COUNTRY Directory even if there’s Two or more cities have the same name but are located in different regions.

Which results in this:

1. In the CITY page, Places without an attributed region will not show if there’s at least one place with a region attributed for that city.

2. In the CITY page, Places from multiple regions can be listed Places and Places from only one of the regions will be displayed.

3. Only 1 City of the same name is displayed in the COUNTRY Directory even if there’s Two or more cities with the same name but are located in different regions.

The only way right now to notice this is by comparing the City place number listed next to the city name in the Country directory vs the actual loading city page.

or by comparing the actual city page with the same city page URL after changing the region number to zero in the city URL

Those invisible places can only be found using the search because they are not listed in any listing, so we probably have many of those scattered in multiple countries

@services

What would be fantastic is a tool that would show places and breweries etc. from countries split into regions that were not assigned a region. (so I guess, a list that shows country = USA, Belgium, Germany, Canada, England, Australia… & region = null or whatever). That would help admins immensely.

4 Likes

I think this has been an issue for a while, there were a bunch in Ontario where it just showed Canada so they didn’t show up on any lists etc. I thought that had been fixed at some point but I guess not.

@services did you take a look at this?
we are adding regions at a fast pace now, so it would be a bug to get rid of rapidly.