Cantillon Quintessence 2018

I will stay close to the Moeder Lambic Fontainas so I will visit it for sure… and most probably I will visit the Original one in St Gilles… I like it more and they will have there some nice vintage Cantillon bottles

1 Like

I will be there from noonish on Wednesday 02 – leaving day after Tallinn Festival for Riga.

Indeed!

My trip will be a short one, but I will be making the most of it.

Monday - fly into Amsterdam> train to Antwerp to meet my beer buddy, Jake.

Tuesday - Brussels>Moeder Lambic (quick visit+lunch)>Quintessence 2:30PM slot>Moeder?Tasting?

Wednesday - Drie Fonteinen> ??? (Food at Pistolet to taste Chouke is in my plans somewhere)

Thursday - Train to Amsterdam>flight home in afternoon

It’s going to be a whirlwind, but this is all the time off that I could afford. Looking forward to it, and meeting some new friends!

1 Like

Count me in as well :slight_smile:
Lambik-O-Droom on Wednesday

2 Likes

I think that the Cantillon list is up online. Previous editions you got 15 -20 Cantillon beers going from Kriek to new releases to a few vintages. Tasting glasses of all beers plus fancy small snacks. Same for visiting brewery, about 30 samples in total. There were always new Cantillon beers for me & I have had more than most.

1 Like

I am spending the nights in Antwerp. We could hit Kulminator together in the evening.

1 Like

I plan to visit Lambik-O-Droom on Wednesday as well, my flight leaves at 6pm if I remember correctly and I see no reason not to make the most out of the trip.

Me and a buddy will arrive Saturday morning and go directly to Drie, then trying to source some cheap ealy series Black Damation during the night in Brussels

Sunday is not really decided but probably Grote Dorst and then watch a game of football in the afternoon

Monday -> Go to Bruges

Tuesday -> Moeder->Quintessence 1:30 PM->Moeder/whatever happens

Wednesday -> Lambik-o-droom again before the evening flight

1 Like

Sounds good! We have a room at Theater Hotel, so it’s only a 5 min walk. Shoot me a message, and I would be happy to meet up.

Has there been a final beer list for Cantillon/Hill Farmstead announced for the event? The last email that Cantillon sent, listed:

From Hill Farmstead:
- Table Dorothy
- Arthur
- Flora BBRC
- Flora

From Cantillon:
- Lou Pepe Kriek 2013
- Nuits Bruxelloise 2016: 2 year-old Lambic with Alicante Bouschet Teinturier wine grapes, a red grape variety coming from Pic Saint-Loup, France
- La Vie est Belge 2016
- Gueuze 2004
- Gueuze “2-3-4”: a blend of 2 year-old, 3 year-old , and 4 year-old Lambic beers
- Bruocsella 2012
- Fou’foune 2017
- Reine des Prés 2017
- Lou Pepe Framboise
- 50°N 4°E 2017

1 Like

I’ll be arriving Friday late afternoon and my partner on Saturday evening, both leaving on Wednesday morning, so I’ll be doing the first little bit solo and the rest of it with her. We’re staying in a hotel a few minutes walk north of Grand Place.

Friday evening I plan to go to Night of the Great Thirst.
Saturday I will go to 3F for the Twisting the Fate event.
Sunday we might go to Grote Dorst, I love it but I fear it will be insanely busy.
Monday maybe to DHVL during the day (I want a Goedele’s Bloesem), or up to Bruges if the weather’s nice, then Moeder Original/Fontainas for bottles/taps later in the day.
Somewhere in there, for food and a Chouke at Pistolet Sablon if you others don’t clean it out. :wink:
Tuesday we have a 1pm Quintessence slot, and then after I presume Moeder Original/Fontainas all over again.

So far I think I know just one person going besides my better half, and generally am happy to say hi and share beers with people!

2 Likes

Me and 4-5 more Germans will be at 3F on Wednesday aswell! Looking forward to meet many of you guys.

2 Likes

No Dynamo? :scream:

Not sure she’ll want to marry you after draging her here and there in Brussels and especially if she’s going to meet all those guys on this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What’s Dynamo @adamnowek ?

EDIT:
OK I found it… I did not know about this place… will see

1 Like

It will be a crash test @Christos :smiley:

Well, that was just about the best beer tasting I have ever attended!

1 Like

It was very good, though a bit chaotic with the vouchers and all.

Great seeing many of you on this trip and sharing many beers!

1 Like

Great to meet you, Stefan!

Met so many great ratebeerians this weekend…great times at every stop!

10/10 would go back to this event and stay longer.

1 Like