Cask Ale prices near you

@Martinsh.

All Nations and The Anvil?

<*))))))><

All Nations, yes - you need to rerate the beer now it’s brewed there again.
Anvil - no, it was the Kings Yard

1 Like

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, Oakengates (Telford)

They do Keg stuff too!

<*))))))><

4 Likes

Crewe Dog is £3 to £3.20 per pint for cask. Craft keg £4 - £5+

1 Like

There was an interesting blog post on Siren’s website a few years ago (had a quick search but couldn’t find it) explaining that they basically made no profit on their cask beer because people expect to pay so little for a pint of it. They basically produce it because it’s a chance to get their beer into pubs that don’t stock keg beers and to supply pubs they’ve worked with for years.

Similar reasoning as to why their cans are now available cheap in Asda ?

1 Like

1 Like

Had a couple of cask beers for £2 per pint at one of the better Leicester pubs. They wanted to get rid of them, and while they were modest recipes there was certainly nothing ‘off’ about them. There’s gold to be had in them thar hills.

2 Likes

For a lower ABV style, pints of cask ale go for around £4 to £5 in my part of London (Hackney).

My nearest pub has all cask beers at £3.50 va pint (decent choice too). Coincidentally so does the local CAMRA pub of the year (with even better choice). Cheapest price I can tihnk of in Crewe is £3.20 a pint, but Crewe Dog has most cask beer at £2.50 a pint on Wednesdays (normally £3.50 to 4.50)

AFAIK Hogarths in Stafford still does cask beer for £2 a pint on Thursdays - but quality is not its strong point !

I assumed that was the reasoning when I saw two cans in home bargains for about £1.29 or something recently. No profit to be made, but if someone unfamiliar to modern IPAs loves it, it may result in an extra pint sold in the pub, or an order on their website. Brewers can spend more on Facebook advertising with less return.