Charter Day in Wellington on Saturday 7th March

Great fun, full pubs and lots going on.

Last year it was ‘A Game of Scones’, this year I am judging ‘Tarts’.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’m very surprised you’ve called for an online bar on Friday 6th given this !!

There’s people travelling in to Wellington from as far as Wrockwardine and Much Wenlock … don’t let them down !

1 Like

On Friday I will only be drinking little cans and bottles, pints on Saturday.

Speech all ready, tart eating head on and hopefully a couple of new rates while on my pub crawl checking the quality of our ales.

Yes, people do travel into Wellington from afar, six trains per hour bring in hordes of tourists and shoppers to my little market town every day. Wrockwardine never had a railway station and sadly the line between Wellington and Much Wenlock closed in 1962, so they have to use the bus service to get in these days.

<*))))))><

I thought you meant Wellington New Zealand…

1 Like

I tried to set up a ‘pub friendship system’ with Wellington New Zealand and us here in Shropshire, obviously with me as the ‘go-between’. Not one pub would sponsor me for some reason, nor the Council.

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

I have a beer drinking friend who lives in Wellingotn - and he never mentioned any of this to me !

@Martinsh T’was a fun day, after the King’s messenger rides into the Market Square and proclaims we have a ‘Royal Charter’ for a Market we hold a ‘Leet Court’ to appoint important positions like Town Crier and Ale Taster. We then have a baking comp in a pub before I set off on a pub crawl around the town.

Six pubs in this years crawl, but not a single ‘new rate’ for me.

<*))))))><