Cheers to Guinness

Yup. Had one of the watery draughts tonight. It’s still one of the most beautiful things ever to see it pours in a cascade of wondrous pint. And many of the higher ABV offerings from Guinness are spot on, especially the Foreign and Special Export Stouts. I’ll always love Guinness.

3 Likes

They are definitely watery. As a younger man I was always afraid of it, having only drank Molson Canadian. But once I had it, it was quite light. Still, one of the few macros I’ll order at a bar.

3 Likes

I prefer the Nigerian Export to any of the Irish offerings. They even sell the Nigerian version in 4 packs at my local supermarket.

2 Likes

I agree with Nigeria. Had it last night at a local African restaurant to celebrate St. Paddys :v:

5 Likes

Fully agree the Nigerian or for that sake most of their different foreign Exttra is good.

1 Like

I consider the Original/Draught version to be dumbed-down overpriced shite, though not nearly as much as Kilkenny. At least in this market. And will never go for it in spite of it being better than some - it’s not worth the money. Some of the FESes and Extra Stouts I’ve had were quite good though. And the Special Export too…

1 Like

It’s all good!