Christmas Beers 2020, post your finds here

My local garden centre had the full range of Ridgeway Christmas Beers in but I’d forgotten to take my wallet.

However went to two different garden centres today (breakfast and a visit to Santa) and thought I’d get in on the Chrimbo Twig action:

2 Likes

Grotley Scratters Mullover

2 Likes

Is that not a tropical disease?

1 Like

It comes from Otley in West Yorkshire, which isn’t very tropical. The bottle says “nasty pullovers on you people, it’s time for a mullover single variety mulled cider”. Had thought that referred to christmas jumpers, but maybe it’s slang for something else in Yorkshire

Sorry Hook Norton, I have found a new favourite Christmas beer brewed by some monk up north.

2 Likes

Not a new beer by any means, but I received 6 bottles of Rosey Nosey and an assortment of Batemans goodies from my parents today.

It’s a belated Birthday present, so no problems opening it straight away: two bottles of Rosey Nosey already cooled and broached.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Not bad this one from To Øl.

3 Likes

I have rather cheated and ordered two packs from Beers of Europe.

12 German and these British ones. Should arrive by Christmas!

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Inspired by this thread, I do have some Xmas beers coming now. Here’s my first: a Christmas beer from a new (to me) Bavarian brewery. I can never remember which MLP this is. Twilight Sparkle?

1 Like

Next Christmas for me.

An amazing barrel aged barley wine.

2 Likes

Beers of Europe stuff arrived today. Nice selection with some old friends in both line ups, not too bothered if they are not all new rates, happy to drink at home while this Covid shit calms down.
Xmas German beer

<*))))))><

6 Likes

When I returned to my local garden centre they’d sold out of Ridgeway Christmas beers. Although this supermarket offering was decent enough.

That photo failed: imagine a photo of M&S Greenwich Spiced Winter Porter.

1 Like

Great Christmas beer.

3 Likes

Not strictly a Christmas beer but the Salama 100th Batch is a BBA Winter Ale and we’re opening the presents from Finland and Estonia tonight.

3 Likes

Good Christmas porter, and gluten free

4 Likes

After having a can that wasn’t good of Very Bad Kitty, I’d not been searching out Brass Castle much. Maybe time to take a look again.

1 Like

The clue was in the beer name…!

1 Like

The sister-in-law came up trumps and bought the Southey Three Beers for Christmas pack for me.

After 4 hours I am still on the first one as Playmobil is so fucking fiddly.

4 Likes

Shared this with Haddock t’other day. A slick decadent beast.

Bizarrely, despite being known as a beer afficionado my family tend to avoid gifting me beers and focus on Dalmatian related paraphernalia, bike related paraphernalia / books and Thorntons mint creams. Probably best that way.

1 Like