Christmas Eve/Christmas Beers

What beers are all of you getting into tonight and tomorrow?
Inspired by a Bells 9000 here, probably gonna stay on an Imperial Stout and Barleywine kick…maybe break out a Lambic

1 Like

Threw a bunch of my advent calendar beers in the fridge will work thru as many as I can.

1 Like

Yesterday night was a simple and fresh vienna lager from a local brewery. Today I am forced to have a day off and to have only homemade red wine.

So far Scratch Sahti which was perfect…reminded me of Anchors Our Special, and a Weldwerks Sweet Disposition that will get finished tomorrow.

1 Like

Had a St Bernardus 12 as the end of my advent calendar yesterday. Christmas day has been sparkling wine and a few ticks I found at a supermarket while on holiday.

Aurora Australis 1 and 2
Brewed in Australia at Bridge Road, shipped in barrels to Norway, aged and bittle there. 6 and 5 years old. Especially the first version which is a Quadrupel was stunning. Lots of red wine barrel notes.

4 Likes

Just a bunch of the Polish bottles that I bought on arrival here in Kraków. I’m most excited to try the Dwie Wieże Flanders Red Ale Red Wine Foeder Aged.

Been wanting a Scratch Sahti for ever

My Christmas haul thanks to my son.

2 Likes

Welp, I’m actually doing my weekly “new beer Wednesday” at Craft Room in Zagreb, so I guess I’ll be doing the beer I’m presenting, namely, this:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/fjaka-pivovara-vrac-bundevale/683296/

A pumpkin / pumpkin spice beer. Yay. But a new tick / new brewery tick + there’s bound to be other fun stuff on tap there.

2 Likes

Jow, consider it done. I’ll PM you to get your address. Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Today, I’m, however, likely gonna empty the last couple of dl of a white wine opened several days ago. Cos why not.

Very nice! Always wanted to try these, but hard to find. Got my hands on II while traveling in Australia, but I definitely could take another one…

I’ll be having a De Dolle Oerbier Special Reserva from 2013 tonight, and if I feel like more, there also a Struise Blue Monk Special Reserve Vintage 2013 in the fridge.

1 Like

A bunch of Trappist beers my wife got me. It’s the only safe thing she knows to buy me, unless she goes someone strange and just brings me back a slew of say, Ecuadorian ticks.

1 Like

2 Likes

I got one bottle from a shop in Namur Belgium about 3 years ago and the other one from EtreGourmet i think. Stunning beers. Would love to get the 1 again.

2 Likes

Got in a Jester King Nocturne Chrysalis…probably shifting to wine for dinner (beef bourguignon) unless I get in an oud bruin homebrew from a few years ago.

2 Likes

3 Likes