Competition Time ... FREE BEER!

most I’ve drunk in US in a day is 60 and I was pretty, erm, refreshed. That was on my own though so min 4oz a beer so soon adds up - even at 4oz 60 is 12 (real) pints and the average ABV was probably north of 7. Sure you could do a lot more in ‘Danish Pints’ though

2 Likes

Lot of low ball guesses here. You guys are underestimating us.

1 Like

yeah I didn’t factor in Danish Pints… but guess it would be cheating to change my entry now (no chance anyway as it’s been hemmed in by guesses just above and below so no margin)

I originally was going to submit a higher number but gave some thought to the logistical challenge of visiting venues spread apart, and the numbers of beers likely to be available at each place, as opposed to a beer festival where minimal moving about is involved. I’m happy with my number.

1 Like

I’ve never been out on a boozy marathon with you chaps but I’ve crossed paths plenty of times. I know you drink smallish measures of each beer. I’d guess 50 beers a day maybe. Total of 350 for the week. I’m hopefully visiting New England late spring myself. Have fun and be careful out there!

1 Like

Already had 350 Ian … you’ll have to shift your guess one way or the other

1 Like

OK, I’ll go 360

1 Like

Some of us are just making darts jokes :wink:

1 Like

I’m gonna go for 356, just because… :beers:

1 Like

283, enjoy!

1 Like

WV is a pretty wide detour for the DC-Richmond jaunt.

Sharp’s Addition is Richmond’s answer to the Bermondsey Beer Mile. A distillery, a meadery, three cideries and I don’t know how many breweries because I usually wind up spending all my time at The Veil.

It is not a brewpub, but Churchkey on 14th St NW in DC might net you a hundred ticks if you venture beyond the 50-odd pipes into a much longer and sometimes expensive bottle list.

1 Like

Pretty much have every venue planned out over the 7 days … you mean Scotts Addition in Richmond?

That’s where we will spend most of our time there.

2 Likes

Yes, Scott’s Addition. I’ve not had a drop to drink today, so I have no excuse for that one. The breweries are pretty densely packed there and The Veil is a great one.

I’d be interested in seeing your DC agenda if you are willing to share it here. I live in DC and I’ve always thought the breweries and taprooms in DC and its suburbs were too spread out for any sort of decent crawl. Lotsa nice beers, but not very friendly for walking or mass transiting.

Not joined things up fully but looking at Bluejacket, Right and Proper, Bear, Atlas, Other Half (depending on taplist), Crooked Run, Aslin, Church Key and Tap 99.

Not worried about walking or public transport … will be Uber

Never heard of Tap99, but with sixty self-serve one ounce beer pours it looks like a tickster’s dream!

Bluejacket, Right Proper and ChurchKey are semi-related to each other. Right Proper has a shorter tap list than most of your other choices, but their food is great at T Street, if that matters to you.

If you are thinking of editing your list downward, consider cutting Atlas. It isn’t bad, but I don’t think it is up to the standard of the rest of your list. OTOH, ticks is ticks.

1 Like

I don’t expect top level beers from Tap 99 but it will be a 60-90 minute tickathon for us!

WV is my last USA beer state and has been for a good while so this would be a rather nice prize! I will go will 403. Have a great trip :beers:

1 Like

It’s not that bad of a detour depending on where in WV you are going from DC. Plus tick ratio has to be worth it too.

1 Like
  1. You lot are professional.
4 Likes